Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce your self...

+57
Dolly-the-Daihatsu
Glasgowjet
zero one
neo piaggionisto
stagleton
ShahrulShafieNSR
dripa
melboy
minxy
limehousetone
Adamation
Dartagnon1
xxemaphorr
PFM
Logi
craig2859
Gaz
crikeemikee
Little Black Van
Marcfe
ElvHijetter
Steviel81
jbenny2
Andreas Vasilis
MW2K8
toxicinx
lizzard_t
bones 851
rjdutch
Matt Angell
EvaInNorfolk
Mogs
oldie
pasiro
HighlyJetted
stevelav
waz
darkblue25
stan lawson
funnyneil
LSD
Avalon Adam
Steve Zodiac
Danith
BenHandi
Capitano
kentgpz11
8bit-ash
hijetbaby
bfg
Daisyblue
large519
fupabox
rich the mechanic
SkippyGLI
jetex
leopard_pagan
61 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Greetings from Dartagnon1 in California

Post by Dartagnon1 Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm

I recently totaled my Dodge Cargo Van and am looking for something that gets REALLY GOOD gas mileage ... 40+ miles per gallon. Oh yeah ... I live in California so this is all in miles and stuff but I can speak metric as well. My question is: I am NEW to Daithatsu products and I saw a 1998 for sale in Japan for $450 plus about $700 for shipping. Does anyone know what I have to do to get this sucker registered in California. I'm thinking I'll need to find DOT lens' for the lights and what about smog? This one has about 115,000 kms on it so what do I do to get it to pass smog? Or are they pretty good b/c of the small engine? And what kind of top speeds am I looking at? We have to do 70 mph on our freeway but I can take side streets too. Right now I would be happy to be driving almost anything as I live in a rural area WAY AWAY from towns and civilization and don't like depending on others for rides.

I'm going to dig through the letters on here to see what I'm getting into but so far I seem to really like Daihatsu. The One I'm looking at is a HiJet and the engine is a 660cc. What can u guys tell me about this ?? I found one with a high roof too which I think will be good since I don't like to stoop much. My business is installing real estate SIGN POSTS so I only need room for some shovels and a drill and about 78 inches of room to put the post. Oh yeah. With the back seat down, can I put a post in the back that is 78 inches long ... I think that's about 198cm in metric?
I hope to be a happy HiJet owner soon, if California will let me.

Thanks
Dartagnon1
Dartagnon1

http://askthedragon.org

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty I've inherited a Daihatsu Hi-jet 1300 16v Efi (Light 4x4 Utility) - it was my Dads

Post by Adamation Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi all, my name is Adam and I live in Cardiff.

My father passed away March 2012 and this was his Hi-Jet, he used it for odd jobs, painting and decorating etc...

I really don’t want to get rid of it, and would love to get it running again, and give it a good clean.

My late Dad's Hi-Jet
Introduce your self... - Page 6 20130411

See my main post in the general forum, I will link to it when I get passed 7 days.

Thanks

Adam

Last edited by Adamation on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed bulk of the content to move into the general forum)
Adamation
Adamation
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Re: Introduce your self...

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Welcome Adam cheers

Not to sound like the forum police.....

Start your own thread!

I can see this going on a bit.

First things first get a battery on it, you can fit pretty much any car battery on a hijet as the battery tray is quite big. As long as its a battery with stumpy round connectors, not the flat bolt on ones.

The battery on mine is off my civic, and the battery on the other one is off a peugeot 206, and I've fitted a battery off a corsa on one.

The battery wire fault is very detectable because the engine warning light won't come on when you turn the key to "on". If you get the warning light then we'll go from there.

BUT copy all your post, start another thread, and paste it in there!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:31 am

Welcome . Oooooh a 4x4! A rare beastie, deffo worth saving.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 am

Welcome Adam, I think you'll find this forum very useful, and you'll be able to get your Dad's van running with the help of the guys on here.

One small point - that bolt holding the earth cable down is quite small and can snap easily when you come to undo it so a spray of PlusGas today would not hurt at all.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty New Hijet owner

Post by limehousetone Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I bought my new Hijet this week. It's a 2003 1300 petrol/ lpg van. Will post some pics when I have given it a good clean.
I live in north London, so if anyone can recommend a decent Daihatsu-familiar mechanic in this part of the world, I would be most grateful.

Tony

limehousetone

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Welcome Tony

Hope you enjoy your new Hijet, great little machines.

Not many known Hijet garages around in the whole of the UK.

Most of us end up fixing our own, even the girlie's amongst the group.

And hell, if a girlie can do it.... any man can make a fine mess of it Smile
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 am

limehousetone wrote:I bought my new Hijet this week. It's a 2003 1300 petrol/ lpg van. Will post some pics when I have given it a good clean.
I live in north London, so if anyone can recommend a decent Daihatsu-familiar mechanic in this part of the world, I would be most grateful.

Tony

Welcome to the Forum Tony.

Good Daihatsu familiar Mechanics are like Hens Teeth anywhere in the country as HJ has already said. .

Thankfully, we have several very knowledgeable Mechanics on here and you have already been greeted I see by " Our Main Man "

You will find a wealth of advice from owners on here who have all " had a go " themselves. All very willing to help with advice.

Mind you there is a certain " Comic " on here up in the Wilds of Scotland ready and willing to dish out "advice" on a daily basis.

If you are feeling down and need cheering up ---- just trawl back through some of his " ADVICE " on any of the posts of his and I guarantee

you will be doubled up at some of his coments. They just " MAKE MY DAY " as a certain Dirty Harry said. This one is " Dirty Logi". lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Welcome along you'll be lucky to find a half good mechanic in north london let alone a hijet one Rolling Eyes
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Half Good???? That much Rich.!!

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty hi new to forum and had problems with fuel tank sender unit

Post by minxy Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 am

Hi iam new to this forum, but have loved hijets both mpv and vans for the last 10 years.
I have recently become owner of a 02 mpv and had to call out the AA when she broke down, sounded as though she had run out of petrol but the fuel gauge said half full. The man at the garage tried to make me buy a new fuel tank sender unit and was quoting £260 to have it fitted.
turned out just needed petrol and now I have to keep an eye on how much I put in and milage etc.
I havent had this problem before can anybody give me any advice.

minxy

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 am

Yes very common, a good handfull of people round here drive round with no fuel gauge.

It's either the actual float is dislodge or has fallen out.

Or the wires on the top of the tank are damaged.

https://hijet.forumotion.com/t1101-faulty-fuel-gage-petrol-tank-wires

You can buy brand new genuine fuel senders here for about £25:-

http://www.ebay.it/itm/INDICATORE-DI-LIVELLO-ORIGINALE-PIAGGIO-PORTER-1300-16-VALVOLE-/181029117474?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Scooter&hash=item2a262d1e22#shId

And its about and hours job to change it.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Petrol sender unit

Post by minxy Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 am

:DThanks for the info about the petrol sender unit really helpful and a lot cheaper than that quoted.
Will keep you posted

minxy

Back to top Go down

Post by melboy Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:32 am

hi,just bought 1996 hijet se 993,looking to make a good camper out of it been reading some of the content on this site and plenty of imformation if i get stuck8)
melboy
melboy
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 am

Wass goin on 'ere ?? Since I bought my £150 SE they have been springing up everywhere like stinging nettles.Rolling Eyesconfused
Welcome to the Forum Melboy and yes stick with it CLOSELY. Check it out every day if you can so you don't miss anything.
Don't know if you realise but there are only 22 left on the road and 12 on SORN --34 in total in the whole country ( facts supplied by our Oracle, Highly-Jetted )

Where did you find your one from and is it on the road? Keep us all posted on your progress,
and ALWAYS ask if you need advice,help or bits as there are a lot of very kind and helpful 
members on here.                   Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by melboy Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 am

got from stoke and yes its on the road ,but ive got it booked in for a brake check tuesday ,the brakes are a bit iffy.
melboy
melboy
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:24 pm

2 SE's sold this month on Ebay - one near me and one in Glos.

Oh, and Welcome, Melboy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Hello....

Post by dripa Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am

Hi,

After more than a year of looking for a small Romahome I think I have been very lucky to get what I believe is a Mk5 on a 1300 Hijet. The pick up is a 2004 dual fuel with FSH and every receipt and MOT. The best bit is it's only done 22,000 miles. The previous owner had the cam belt replaced last year at 19,000. So I'm hoping I've got a good one.!!!
The V5c has original reg date as 2004 but with the number of S15 CMM, so I guess it was a private plate.???

So far I've taken a 219 mile trip to Snowdon and enjoyed every mile. This coming weekend, if the weather forecast is favorable, I'm driving the 282 miles to Cumbria for some fell walking.

What a great little vehicles they are …...

At almost 60 I was hoping to have put my car tools away for ever but reading some of the posts here I think I'll be rolling my sleeves up.
My first job will be to tackle the non-working petrol gauge which I'm hoping will be just the sender earth lead as mentioned on many post here.
So a big thank you for running this forum..

Paul
ps.. when I find out how to do it I'll post a photo......

dripa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Photo taken on Stony Cross, New Forest, Hampshire.

Post by dripa Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 am

Introduce your self... - Page 6 ITfpbGx0mLyAFys5YVP7Vn7l7GXJDm45LzUfWqK-5A=w276-h207-p-no

With any luck a photo will be posted here.... Paul

dripa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am

Welcome Paul, sounds like your found yourself a real nice van!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahrulShafieNSR Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi there. Im a hijet s65 owner from malaysia. Excited to be here and would like to gain knowledge as much as i could as the microvan scene is getting bigger here.

Regards,

Sharol.

ShahrulShafieNSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Welcome Sharol-- even though you are bit more than a long drive away. At least the Internet shrinks the world at the touch of a button.
You can certainly learn a lot on this site--- not necessarily about Hi-Jets though unfortunately.
Anyway welcome. Woody in the Isle of Wight.

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Stagleton introduction

Post by stagleton Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 am

Hi,
A friend and I plan to do the mongol rally in a hijet next summer. Looking for advice and/or tips. I found this website from here: daihatsuhijet<dot>co<dot>uk/mongal-rally-hijets/ if there are any additional links you advise, let me know!

Thanks,
Stagleton
stagleton
stagleton

Back to top Go down

Post by neo piaggionisto Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello,
my name is Luc and I live in the South of France. I just bought a 1996 Piaggio Tipper to help me while renovate my flat (is this correct english ?). The plan is to sell it afterward, except if we can afford keeping it Very Happy 
I will have to do some minor repairs and the tipper refuses to lift up (I can hear the relay, though. I don't think it will be hard to fix) other wise it works really well (I just drove 200 km to bring it back home without any problem, exect that the wing mirror could not keep their position and that I had no screwdriver to fix this...).
A picture of the beast :
Introduce your self... - Page 6 Piaggi10

I am glad that this forum exists, I don't find a lot of informations about this vehicle !

cheers,
Luc

neo piaggionisto

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

neo piaggionisto wrote:Hello,
I just bought a 1996 Piaggio Tipper to help me while renovate my flat (is this correct english ?)

I will have to do some minor repairs and the tipper refuses to lift up (I can hear the relay, though. I don't think it will be hard to fix) other wise it works really well (I just drove 200 km to bring it back home without any problem,

exect that the wing mirror could not keep their position and that I had no screwdriver to fix this...).

A picture of the beast :
I am glad that this forum exists, I don't find a lot of informations about this vehicle !

cheers,
Luc
Renovate a flat is perfect english and perfect work for a little hijet Smile 

Tipper not working seems quite common as I've seen in mentioned before on various forums.

Wing mirrrors ALWAYS go floppy like that Wink 

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the stay, good luck with your flat and I hope things go well.

Matt
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:36 am

Hello. I bought my first one to help with house renovations too.

Nearly 3 years ago..... They're just too handy Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Welcome along.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by neo piaggionisto Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:52 pm

thanks all !
I found out that maybe it's not so clean, the temp gauge is out and the coolant liquid seems to be kind of muddy Rolling Eyes 
The oil really need to be replaced (black) and refilled. I guess that the previous owner did not care about this very well (and I hope that is so and not a cylinder head gasket problem). I will check all this with a mechanic, I already grab the service manual.
Good news : tipper works again !

neo piaggionisto

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self... - Page 6 Empty Hi All

Post by zero one Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi my name is Denis, after 38 years on BT I retired in1994, now my old dad said to me when you retire always have something to do or you'll soon pop off Surprised 

So I took early retirement at 50 and left with 7 hobbies... fortunatly or unfortunatly I only managed to do one, a certain 12inch to the foot Avro Vulcan Mk2 Nuclear Bomber's return to flight, which took another 13years and I retired again in 2009.
Six Hobbies called.... so I then assisted in the restoration/preservation of the last active De Haviland Comet 4C aircraft in a ground running condition anywhere in the world...4 years down the road, at 69, getting bored with aircraft pursay. So started to look for a new challange and a friend had a "Weird" Hijet conversion that he said
 "it don't work, if you can get it going? it's yours"
So Hi to the Hijet World....

Now I need help because it's some 40years since I got my hands on an internal combustion engine.. more used to jets Laughing these days..

On first inspection there are a few things missing, more than you would normally think plus a notable addition, and most of the rubber tubing around the engine is disconnected so don't know where most of it connects...Embarassed 

Below is the dataplate details so can somebody give me any information on the original donor van? particularly.. year of manufacture and the engine type/size? Plus anything else that may help?

Daihatsu Motor Company Ltd

JDAOOS84V00050385...... CHASSIS NUMBER
            1350KG
            1950KG
     1-      650KG
     2-      830KG

TYPE S84RV-BRK      COLOR 038
ENGINE- CD     

Introduce your self... - Page 6 100_0412

Hope someone can help??Laughing 

PS can't yet work out how to put pix on here but when sorted [Cracked it] I'll let you see the "Beast"Laughing Laughing

zero one

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Welcome, and sounds like you have a new hobby to add to the list!

I'm guessing its a diesel Hijet?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next