Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Empty New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys

Post by avfcdale Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi all had this for about 5 weeks now been tarting it up a bit, it's 993 ccNew Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2010
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2011
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2012
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2013
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2015
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2014
New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Img_2016

goes well, just put 12 months MOT on it and will be heading for somerset, dorset, devon and cornwall soon
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Empty Re: New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Your Christian name isn't Matt by any chance?? Just going off to the colour scheme. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys Empty Re: New Hijet owner south west birmingham or north worcestershire by the lickeys

Post by PFM Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Welcome - that van seems to spend a bit of time on it's side! Very Happy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Young drivers. They are all the same. Now in our day we did it properly eh PFM?
10 days after passing my Driving test at 18, I completely 360 rolled my Mk2 Ford Zodiac 2600cc Convertable at 55mph on an icy January morning .
Nothing left of the roof and windscreen folded flat. Thank goodness for Lap belts and a Bench Front Seat. Got out of it with just two tiny cuts from the shards of glass from the windscreen. Now that's the way to do it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:31 pm

PFM wrote:Welcome - that van seems to spend a bit of time on it's side! Very Happy
well at least the engine will be the right way up
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:53 am

welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 am

Cheers all, sorry the photos loaded sideways but i am a bit steam driven on new tech stuff
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

Thank goodness I am not alone then!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisdon Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am

Hi all,Hijet owner for 18 months M reg 993 cc with poptop, just down the road in Redditch. Worcstershire, Have been an avid follower of the forum,Spent a happy week in April on the IOW,certainly the place to see mini trucks and vans, hope to post pictures of my camper, next time my grandson comes round to show me how,

Chrisdon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisdon Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi avfcdale, admiring the photos of your van, your reg number is nearly the same as the van shown in a post by Woody on saturday 1 July , entitled I want to buy a Hijet but?. Amazing coincidence just one number difference,They must have been registered together.

Chrisdon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Well spotted CD. The MPN rang a bell but didn't think any more of it. 10 digits further on. I wonder which Dealer sold them originally??

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:09 pm

According to the service book, PDI and all servicing until 2001 was done by Hares Daihatsu, Station Road, Rustington, West Sussex BN16 3 BH, guess it was them
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Chrisdon wrote:Hi avfcdale, admiring the photos of your van, your reg number is nearly the same as the van shown in a post by Woody on saturday 1 July , entitled I want to buy a Hijet but?. Amazing coincidence just one number  difference,They must have been registered together.

Cheers Chrisdon, glad theres another worcestershire lad on here, I will have a look at that
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Woodie wrote:Your Christian name isn't Matt by any chance??  Just going off to the colour scheme. Rolling Eyes

No the name is Dale, i am a Villa supporter hence avfcdale, it has gold grenades front and rear as I am a former Grenadier Guardsman, nice to meet you all.

got a question, sometimes when i pull up the van revs up and down by itself, had this once on a mercedes a class and it was the mass air flow sensor, would it be the same on a hi jet?
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:22 pm

I know Rustington. I used to call in the Garage for Diesel when I was driving 8 wheeler Cement Tankers collecting bulk cement from the Factory near Shoreham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisdon Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi dale,pleased to know you, never posted before today, anything that you need answers for ,someone on the forum will be glad to help you, although  i have never posted until today , i have picked up so much help and info from other members on the site ithas really been invaluble

Chrisdon

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Chrisdon wrote:Hi dale,pleased to know you, never posted before today, anything that you need answers for ,someone on the forum will be glad to help you, although  i have never posted until today , i have picked up so much help and info from other members on the site ithas really been invaluble

Cheers mate, just my reving problem at the minute, i was overheating before, but did pressure test all ok, looked on here and saw the bleeding set up for coolant did that and all ok. happy days might go to weymouth at the weekend and give it a blowout.
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisdon Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Good for you , never been further than bidford on avon, Never had any problems since ive had the van, will have to give it a long thrash soon,

Chrisdon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Think the hunting of the revs is down to air in a pipe if I remember so it does not get the correct temp to adjust the revs properly. Do a search on here (use the advanced search feature from the top menu) and you should find some info about it. Do a search for 'hunting idle'
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisdon Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks raggy, like i said always some kind member to help you in the right direction,

Chrisdon

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

My first hijet came from Hares, an ex-demo. Hunting on a 993 usually means low water, but then it would do it all the time when idling.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:58 am

That was my first thought PFM But Dale has already done a fill and bleed and says that it is ok.

So my2nd thought was that it is a split vacuum pipe on the Inlet Manifold but once again that is going to be hunting all the time.
So could be one of the sensors, temperature, MAP Sensor etc but not sure what.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 am

just going to flush the system again see what muck comes out
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 am

Does anyone know where i can get an offside rear light cluster from, some kind sole has reversed into my van and broke mine while i was in the doctors earlier
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:50 pm

That's not a good start to Hijet ownership. Sure someone will be along shortly to sort you out.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 pm

They put the boot in eh? (Soul!) Bet Woodie has one for a fair price Smile

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 am

Unfortunately, no I haven't. I had a look yesterday evening and found two but both are damaged beyond use. Unfortunately I lost well near twenty back lights in the fire. And I don't have any vans left for breaking either.

Only 3 Pickups for spares - - one of which is LPG which I want to sell almost complete if possible. I haven't got the time to to strip it now. I will probably regret it when I need some LPG parts in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:57 am

been away twice now, short trip to malvern and then a weekend by the sea in weymouth, behaved well, i have changed the coolant and toped up and bled it but can't get rid of the hunting, my temp gauge goes up to about a quarter of the way up the gauge the fan kicks in then it won't move for a bit then does it all again. will go away again next weekend, then probably sell the beast and look for another project.

If anyone is interested in it let me know cheers,
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcdale Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

On sale on gumtree now
avfcdale
avfcdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:13 pm

That's a shame, now that you have mastered the Dark Art of posting pictures the right way up.
Just being nosey as usual, but what sort of project have you got in mind?

Personally speaking I have never had any success of selling on Bumtree, but bought loads of Daihatsu's bought for good prices.

Anyway best of luck with selling and with your next project.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next