Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0 engine overhaul - what do i need?

3 posters

Go down

Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0  engine overhaul - what do i need? Empty Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0 engine overhaul - what do i need?

Post by CoolJet Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

I maybe need to replace my head gasket. So I am gathering info and parts to get the job done this weekend.
What do i need? I know a machine shop where i can get it refaced after getting it out if its warped. I also have standard tools like a wrench, torque wrench, nuts etc.

Here are things i have already bought:

New hose clips
Water pump with paper gaskets
Termostat
original thermostat gasket
Engine overhaul kit (kit link...previous owner bought it its the cheapest around should i get another one or is it ok? )

I plan to reuse the old bolts and cam belt (changed 20 kkm ago) or maybe get a new one. but what else will i need? I think my brother has the tools to adjust the valve clearance or will i need something special for the hijet? Is there a thread about this already? I have not found a in detail tutorial here jet.

I cleaned and renovated the tubes and hoses and they seem to be ok appart from the rust i couldnt get out in some places.
What am i missing?
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0  engine overhaul - what do i need? Empty Re: Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0 engine overhaul - what do i need?

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Before you take it apart, pressure test it.

Pay close attention to the radiator end caps. Get the old soapy water on the and pump up the coolant system with air to about 1.5 bar.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0  engine overhaul - what do i need? Empty Re: Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0 engine overhaul - what do i need?

Post by CoolJet Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

I shall build "the pressure test diy thing" with a valve. And then i pump it up with just air? And then i put soapy water on hose connections and the rad caps and rad.  If the air vanishes but i dont have soapy bubbles it directs to a fault within the motor or within the measuring device.

right?
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Another thing: i put the hoses on the stat housing beeing pretty clean and they were sticking very very good. Will that wear off or do they put someting like teflon on the hoses to keep them servicable?
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:.
Him, that's what you need Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Ah yeah. HighlyJetted, i forgot to mention, if you are near by you are welcome to come over and help me. I will get beer and crackers. cheers
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:28 am

I found today that radiator is damaged. I think it wasnt there when i bought the van.
properbaly i messed it up. Pressure test failed. Rolling Eyes Mad

Put some 2-component adhesive on retry tomorrow.

Head Gasket change 993cc 1.0  engine overhaul - what do i need? HAvYsHs

more pics here
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down