Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal

2 posters

Go down

Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal Empty Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal

Post by SkippyGLI Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 pm

I've detected a slight leak of hydraulic fluid from the area around the servo/master cylinder. It's manifested its self by fluid showing up around the switch gear below the reservoir cup, leading me to think that perhaps a seal has failed rather than the servo etc. Has anybody had theirs out and how much fun was it????

All help greatly appreciated.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal Empty Re: Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal

Post by large519 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 pm

I also found brake fluid collecting round the master cylcinder, and running down the servo and dripping onto the floor, once i'd stripped it out and removed the master cyclinder, i found there to be no leaks from the cylinder itself, on further investigation i noticed the tubing coming from the resevoir were covered in fluid too, i removed the 2 pipes cleaned then up and refitted it all, and hey presto it appears to have worked!! not too much of a mission to remove or replace, didnt have to remove dash or anything.
large519
large519
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal Empty Re: Brake master cylinder/Servo Removal

Post by SkippyGLI Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks mate, hopefully mine will turn out to be a similar thing, it's not gushing out so its difficult to tell if its had any real effect on the level of the fluid in the reservoir. I'm still not convinced that it may have been the cup its self being over filled during a recent service.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by large519 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

thats wot i thought, possible overfilling, but better to be safe than sorry, espesh as new cylinder i think was £150 or so on ebay.
large519
large519
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm

There was a second hand servo on there for about £99 I think, but nobody bid......

I won some more door cards yesterday for a seller locally, I'm going to arrange to go around there tonight to collect I might just ask and see what else he's got, seems he maybe breaking a 'jet'.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down