Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

993 Carb Swop

2 posters

Go down

993 Carb Swop Empty 993 Carb Swop

Post by Reid Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Surely the standard carb on my 993cc must have been swapped for something not over endowed with little vacuum tubes and cut out solenoids.

Maybe a Webber 28/36?

My MoT tester agrees that after replacing these carbs with all pipes correctly positioned they might not run properly. He says the only car he knows with similar but worse problems is the Beetle.

I just cannot improve the erratic tickover which cuts out, cutting out when slowing to stationary, and a large hiccup accelerating from rest . . .

Reid

Back to top Go down

993 Carb Swop Empty Re: 993 Carb Swop

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 pm

All modern carbs have the little solenoid valves they are called anti-dieseling valves it's to stop run on they shut when the ignitions off, depending on when it was made ford bought weber and they went down hill in quality but you can fit very nearly anything you like so long as you can make it fit and then adjust/jet it to run properly I am in the process of doing a four carb bank conversion onto my car ant the carbs I'm using came from a 750 honda.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down