Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piaggio porter 1.0 carb bimetal vacuum switch

2 posters

Go down

Piaggio porter 1.0 carb  bimetal vacuum switch Empty Piaggio porter 1.0 carb bimetal vacuum switch

Post by Beast Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Hello,
I was wondering,i have piaggio porter and i have problem with bimetal vaccume switch, its located on thermostat housing, and it has 3 connection for vaccume one goes from manifold and one goes fo choke and the third one i didnt see 😅.
But what i realy need is that vaccume switch cuz someone broke it and glue it so i dont have choke as it should be.

Any clue where to get it?
So far no luck on finding that one.

Regards,

Beast

Back to top Go down

Piaggio porter 1.0 carb  bimetal vacuum switch Empty Re: Piaggio porter 1.0 carb bimetal vacuum switch

Post by vonThinkpadstein Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi there,

Maybe a bit late but I had the same issue as you. One of the connectors being broken of the 3 port bimetal vaccume switch, sitting in my van. I scored a simulair one as this one at ebay: https://www.ebay.com/c/1116751669

Specs:  25820-11040 GENUINE OEM BIMETAL VACUUM SWITCHING VALVE, NO.1 2582011040
They don't come very cheap but it works in my van (S85, 1.0 carb)

These little vans, build in license by Piaggio have a bit of a "Frankenstein" set-up. I'm from Holland and the Daihatsu Hijet S85 1.0 carb models imported overhere are a mix of both Daihatsu (mechanics,engine, gearbox,etc) and Piaggio (body, bodyparts,trim,etc). I scored a thermal radiator switch last year which OEM part nr. originally belongs to a Lancia/Fiat/Iveco!.

From what i noticed on this UK forum, the  UK Daihatsu/piaggio Hijets differ a bit from mine > thermostat located near
the waterpump while mine is at the back of the engine near the thermostat housing, like yours from the looks of it.

Nice to see another "1.0 carb powered" owner Smile

Regards,
vonThinkpadstein
vonThinkpadstein

Beast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Piaggio porter 1.0 carb  bimetal vacuum switch Empty Re: Piaggio porter 1.0 carb bimetal vacuum switch

Post by Beast Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:04 pm

You are not late. Im a bit late. Van vas siting around realy didnt have time to drive it.

As far as it bimetal switch,its not expencive. Original cost 320 euros. So this sabstitute one is childs play. Smile

I mention something about radiator thermal switch.
You mean the one thats turning fan on?

Is there any way you could give me that number too?

Thanks in advance.

Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down