Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :)

4 posters

Go down

Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :) Empty Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :)

Post by funky-hijet Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Wiring in my new cd player and cannot find where the memory wire would go so it holds all the information on the cd player,i turn it on and tune all the settings,turn it off and it looses all my settings,This is a case of the memory wire im assuming so..where does the 12v memory wire go to? Help urgently lol as its very frustrating!
funky-hijet
funky-hijet

Back to top Go down

Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :) Empty Re: Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :)

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm

I used the clock constant power to power the memory on my head unit the best way is to use a bulb type test probe and find a live when the ignition is off.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :) Empty Re: Which one is the memory wire for my cd player?!?! HELP :)

Post by Tukz Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:29 pm

The Yellow wire needs to go to constant live and the red to ignition live (or atleast that is how Sony are!)
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by funky-hijet Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 pm

rich the mechanic wrote:I used the clock constant power to power the memory on my head unit the best way is to use a bulb type test probe and find a live when the ignition is off.

Ive done that but its not working for me? I got a brown wire coming off the clock wiring and thats where im getting my power from.but im thinking i need to have it straight to the battery? And what colour on the clock do you have it wired into? I wired it into the red one but nothing happened.
funky-hijet
funky-hijet

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 pm

I can't remember and a previous owner had been pratting about behind the dash so I just found the constant power and used that and just to check you have memory power constant, switched power for use and an earth.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:18 pm

On the landy, there isnt a radio as standard, so mine is in the cubby box...

Mine is wire so permament live comes into the box, and then splits, one to the red wire, and one to the yellow wire (they are the colours on the Kenwood I have)

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

ok what sterio are you trying to fit and once you have the speaker wires out the way most head units have a black earth, a red switched power, then the remaining ones are memory constant which is commoly yellow then, power to amp commonly light blue, power ariel commonly orange this should be all of them you can check the amp and ariel if you have the radio working with the ignition on use a test lead (bulb and wire) the amp has a constant feed and when you switch to radio the other one should power up it may stay on but I have never had a power ariel.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by funky-hijet Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

rich the mechanic wrote:ok what sterio are you trying to fit and once you have the speaker wires out the way most head units have a black earth, a red switched power, then the remaining ones are memory constant which is commoly yellow then, power to amp commonly light blue, power ariel commonly orange this should be all of them you can check the amp and ariel if you have the radio working with the ignition on use a test lead (bulb and wire) the amp has a constant feed and when you switch to radio the other one should power up it may stay on but I have never had a power ariel.

I got a cheap halford 40 quid one and ive got a standard iso that ive plugged into it that i found in the garage. Its wired in now but still cant find iginition live! I found a brown wire coming off from the clocks which i tested with a bulb tester etcc..and it worked fine on that,i plugged the yellow into it and it lost the settings again!
funky-hijet
funky-hijet

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

I used the power off the cigerette lighter as that is ignition fed on mine but like I have said I can't trust it coz it's so obvious that some one has been fiddling behind there by the way the wires are mixed up and such I think the power does feed from the clock again the clock has memory and ignition and lights power so you should be able to get it all. It sounds like you have ignition power but not constant live.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down