Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help.how to wire a stereo

3 posters

Go down

help.how to wire a stereo Empty help.how to wire a stereo

Post by lambretta Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 pm

ive got a hijet pick up that is an ex council truck and there has never been a stereo or wiring for a stereo in it. has anyone got any info to help wire it up from scratch.

lambretta

Back to top Go down

help.how to wire a stereo Empty Re: help.how to wire a stereo

Post by 8bit-ash Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:44 am

you can find centre consoles in some hijets that are easily removable, they have the hole for the stereo. search hijet breaking in ebay. You'll then need an earth, a permanent live and an ignition feed. Cheap £5 multimeter will help you find them. Stick some speakers in the door cards and run some cable through the door shuts around the dash and to the stereo. Connect it all up and bish bash bosh you've got some bangin tunes.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 am

Basically as 8bit-ash has said.

What I would recommend is going to a auto parts shop (halfords/etc), and looking for a generic audio plug.

I got one for my Land Rover stereo.

Basically it gives you the correct plug for most stereos, and then you just wire the other side as required.
The luxury of taking a little time and doing it that way, is if you replace the stereo itself, you can just unplug the old and plug in the new.

The one I got (halfords I believe), came with a basic wiring diagram on the back.

Basically though you will require a permament live (There are several, like the main power feed to the ignition switch).
I believe on the stereo wiring it is red.

Then an ignition live (after the ignition switch for example).
I am pretty sure that is yellow in the stereo wiring.

Earths are easy to find. Basically look for a wire or multiple wires that are connected to the body/chassis.

Then all you have to worry about are the speakers and aerial if you want it.

If you have any problems, ask away and we will try and help you Smile

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down