Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Windows

5 posters

Go down

Electric Windows Empty Electric Windows

Post by SUSIE Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi just joined this great site..
I have P reg 993cc Hijet and was wondering if it is possible to fit electric windows..is there enough space behind door panels to get electric motor in and where can I get a power supply from.

Would be grateful for any feedback
Cheers

SUSIE

Back to top Go down

Electric Windows Empty Re: Electric Windows

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:54 am

power supply/switches are the easy bit. the hard part would be fitting a motor in.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 am

the universal power window kits as sold on ebay will fit in without a problem...they have a remotely mounted motor and can fit almost anywhere

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:47 pm

fupabox wrote:the universal power window kits as sold on ebay will fit in without a problem...they have a remotely mounted motor and can fit almost anywhere

Hmm, got a link for one of these kits Fupa??? And are they waterproof? I dunno about your bus but the insides of my doors get rather damp when it rains. Crying or Very sad
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:59 pm

kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 am

Yup that's the same type I'm referring to....as long as you keep the motor mounted between the plastic moisture barrier and the door card (in one of the dpressions in the door shell) you will be fine....another option..some of the japanese microcars in order to space had the electric door mechanism mounted in an optional style armrest..with those types you can simply remove the manual window handle and the armrest/electric winder unit slips over the handle mount..hard to explain...let me see if I can find a photo..[url=Electric Windows Th_hijet_0606]Electric Windows Th_hijet_0606[/url]Electric Windows Th_hijet_0607
switches and all in one easy to addapt unit....mitsubishi minica if I'm not mistaken.

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Thats the sort I've seen before and was thinking of Fupa, they look a lot neater and easier to install than the ones currently on ebay here in the UK.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:05 pm

If anyone can find a vehicle with this type of armrest/window motor.....I'd love to know what others besides the Minica that may use a similar setup.....as you say it would be a much simpler and neater modification......the multifit ones on ebay do work,but not as cool Wink

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down