Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Windows

5 posters

Go down

Electric Windows Empty Electric Windows

Post by SUSIE Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Many thanks for all the response I received gonna try and get those minica ones they will look the part..just one more question..where do I get the power source from??

SUSIE

Back to top Go down

Electric Windows Empty Re: Electric Windows

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 am

from ignition or a wire that relies on live once ignition is on, that way when key is off.. its off.. no power drain and dead batterys in the morning.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Susie,

Perhaps you might want to have a look at a book called 'ICE' by Haynes Publishing. It gives comprehensive instructions with loads of clear pictures on how to install electrical equipment safely in a vehicle, everything from a new cd player to aux power wiring harnesses and much more. While its not aimed specifically at installing other electrical items in a vehicle the principles and guides a very much the same - however, it does give a very good set of instructions for fitting a play station or x-box Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HTH.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:01 pm

something with an electrical load like power windows is going to need a relay or you will blow fuses endlessly ,or at worse start a fire.....Ill try to load a basic diagram when I can...I work for the government and they decided to remove our internet access so now I have a lot less time for postings Sad

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Electric Windows Empty Electric Windows

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:13 pm

If a kit is used then they normally come with a wiring diagram and relays for the job or at least a list of what else is needed, however if the kits a import read and re read the instructions I bought a alarm from hong kong it took me a week to read the instuctions as I just kept pissing myself with laughter as the translation was a bit off butg the alarm works a treat and has done for the last 4 years still got the instructions and get it out to cheer myself up occasionally.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 pm

i know how that feels fupabox. last year i lost net access at work for several months. changed job and its back.. but i got a internet phone (iPhone) and i use that when i get stuck with no net.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 am

Leopard.......It seems like the internet would be considered a luxury but I think it could be argued that it is now a necessity...cell phone time is so ridiculously expensive in Canada you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much we pay...suffice to say Canada is the most expensive in the world for mobile phone rates... Sad Sad ....I wonder if Japanese or Chinese translated instrutions are funnier?? they both leave me in tears Laughing

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am

Atleast you've now got mobiles Fupa Smile I was in Canada back in 89 (around Med Hat and Suffield) and decided to ring home....... I used a call box and the operator asked me to deposit C$60 all in quarters before she would let me dial!!!!! After three of us had rung home the box was full and it took around a week to get it emptied. During that time if you put money in it just popped out the bottom - not that the operator could tell..................... We made a lot of calls home that week, but putting the same quarter in 60 times was a bit of a drag Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by fupabox Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

That's funny..I remember when they used to return your money if the coin box was full Smile ...I had my first car phone in 1985 and it was $1 per minute for recieved and dialed calls..ouch...I miss the old car mounted phones..they always had perfect reception,even in underground parking..back then I had to apply for a license to use 1 and keep it in the glove box..In Canada they still charge you a monthly license fee of around $7..although you no longer need a license Sad

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down