Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric windows

2 posters

Go down

Electric windows Empty Electric windows

Post by Raggy Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:03 pm

just fitted central locking to my Hijet and tried to fit electric window kit. All fitted great and window powered down a treat but going back up it struggled when it hit half way and went no further. Now it’s one of a couple of things, the runners are just not slippy enough or the mechanism itself just won’t take electric windows due to design. So as I can’t change design of mechanism, anyone suggest a good lubricant for the runners?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Electric windows Empty Re: Electric windows

Post by kernowjon01 Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Raggy spray with some silicone lubricant and see what happens - maybe even try silicone grease. Works well with rubber - Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

Raggy has some ZX1 Lubricant which is
an Engine Oil Additive and ultra slippery. Also ZX1 Red Grease is an excellent product.

I have found that making sure that the two channels that the rubber/felt composite sits are COMPLETELY PARALLEL - and equidistant top and bottom and brackets adjusted or bent to make sure that you only have a couple of mm free movement on the glass edges, it will go up more easily. If there is the slightest twist of the glass going up it will cause problems because the channels are too far apart or not equidistant.
I push the the glass up and down by hand first to make sure that it is adjusted correctly. Manual Window winders need to be adjusted to make sure that both arms start to push the window up simultaneously for smooth operation.

I haven't seen Raggy's Electric Windows Kit but it needs the same sort of attention to detail - that Raggy is exceptionally good at so I am sure that he will succeed.
One thing that you could try is slightly splaying the U channel apart 2-3 mm, that the U shaped rubber seal sits in. I have done that before in frustration and it did the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks, forgot about the ZX1, have some silicone spray to try and will have another go when I get the chance, will check channel alignment as well.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down