Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol

2 posters

Go down

TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol  Empty TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol

Post by lizzard_t Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Hello , i was wondering if somebody could just clarify the TDC marks on my 993cc EFI van , somebody had the head off my van now its down to me to put it all back on .as far as i can make out ---TDC marks are as follows---- crankshaft sproket dimple lines up with arrow on bottom of block (rear belt cover) at 6.00o'clock ,camshaft sproket dimple lines up with arrow on head at 3.00 o'clock (both looking from front ways) . also i want to know where should the rotor arm be pointing at TDC ? . should it be pointing at number 1 sparkplug . also is the firing order ---- 1,2,3 ? . if anybody could clear up thease problems , i would be very happy . stay happy . PAUL.

lizzard_t

Back to top Go down

TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol  Empty Re: TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't know where the dizzy should be pointing but on top of the clutch housing is a rubber bung that has a timing mark under it ( beware there are two ) and if you remove the dizzy by taking out the single bolt for fixing it's position then you can align the notch and dot then slide it in as close as you can to where it should be and it will rotate the arm into the correct place and then you will know.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol  Empty big thankyou

Post by lizzard_t Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

thankyou rich for all your help , you were spot-on with the timing marks . thankyou once again . PAUL

lizzard_t

Back to top Go down

TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol  Empty Re: TDC marks 993cc EFI petrol

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down