Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK YOU WOODIE - polish your superstar HALO

2 posters

Go down

THANK YOU WOODIE -  polish your superstar HALO Empty THANK YOU WOODIE - polish your superstar HALO

Post by kernowjon01 Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 pm

After completing her two and a half thousand mile marathon, my little camper had some problems.
1. The dreaded left front hab had eaten the split pin and come partially undone - it would appear to be an old problem as the Disk Carrier has no splines - it is worn smooth. There should have been some swarf - so a previous owner had bodged it together. Woodie kindly dug out the parts I needed Disk Carrier and the Stub Axle.
No sooner on the road again and another CLUNK became apparent - wear in the propshaft UJ nearly an eighth of a turn play. Desperate phone conversations with Woodie - I have to be in dinburgh this weekend to spend my 70th birthday with my sons (one is flying in from the States). Woodie (no spring chicken himself) came to the rescue - yesterday Bank Holiday Monday) in that heatwave he fought through nettles and other stingers to get a propshaft off a pickup.
Said propshaft is now in transit between the Isle of Wight and Cornwall.
The man is a star. Without his knowledge of HiJets I think many more would be off the road.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WOODIE -  polish your superstar HALO Empty Re: THANK YOU WOODIE - polish your superstar HALO

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 pm

woodie is awesome indeed cheers
nice to hear it was fixed

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WOODIE -  polish your superstar HALO Empty Re: THANK YOU WOODIE - polish your superstar HALO

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Crumbs!!! I don't know how I am going to polish my Halo now. It slipped round my ankles a few years ago and getting more and more decrepit by the day I can't bend enough with the Arthritis in my Spine, enough to reach my boots zips - never mind my long tarnished Copper Halo.

Thank you very much for your kindness Jon and Scotia. How much did we agree on for your bribes?? Embarassed lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed May 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Keep polishing - and Parcelforce can polish theirs too - the propshaft arrived here in West Cornwall at about 14.30 and it was on a 48 hour delivery cheers
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Good grief!! That is absolutely amazing. I am so glad I found Mike at POST ROOM PLUS. He must get priority service from Parcel Force and UPS. The Stub Axle and Drive Flange arrived the next day too.

Perhaps I had better polish up my Halo after all Jon.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Woodie wrote:Good grief!! That is absolutely amazing. I am so glad I found Mike at POST ROOM PLUS. He must get priority service from Parcel Force and UPS. The Stub Axle and Drive Flange arrived the next day too.

Perhaps I had better polish up my Halo after all Jon.

POST ROOM PLUS PLUS I would think you have certainly found a very good service. cheers cheers cheers
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:09 am

Mr Woodie is a true Legend...Top Fella........and no bribes have influenced my opinion Wink .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down