Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIJET IDENTIFICATION

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HIJET IDENTIFICATION Empty HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Post by bretley Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:14 am

Can anyone identify the model of this Hijet. It was written off in a road smash and i am currently restoring it as a farm runabout.
I cannot find a compliance plate or any other identifying numbers and have turned every part of the vehicle inside out searching for these. The only thing I have found are the numbers CB23 moulded into the engine block. I have posted some pictures to aid in an identification BUT AM NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS.

Last edited by bretley on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TROUBLE POSTING PICS)

bretley

Back to top Go down

HIJET IDENTIFICATION Empty Re: HIJET IDENTIFICATION

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 am

Glad to know that I am not the only one having had that trouble and had the Mickey taken trying to send pictures from a laptop.
Sending pictures from a Tablet is so much easier than Computer.
What year and engine size is it? 2 Cylinders, 3 Cylinders, 4 Cylinders. Don't say Diesel for goodness sake. Did you not have the Vehicle Documentation with it when you inherited it.

I am not in the frame of mind at this moment in time to help you with the Posting of Pictures, but if no-one comes along with help then private message me at Easter and I will talk to you over the phone and go through it step by step - so long as you have a decent Tablet.

In the mean time tell us a bit about yourself, age etc and the area you live in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:31 am

what are you using?
pc laptop phone?

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:33 pm

I think new members can't post pics for a few days, it's anti-spam. You could put a link to the pics if hosted elsewhere, I think. Welcome, and yes do give us more info about you and the van.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

HIJET IDENTIFICATION Empty HELLO WOODIE

Post by bretley Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:57 pm

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO MY MESSAGE. I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH HOW THIS SITE IS SET UP AND HOW HARD IT IS TO POST PICTURES AND SEND /REPLY TO MESSAGES ETC. I DO NOT HAVE A TABLET AND AM USING A COMPUTER.
I DO NO THAVE ANY DOCUMENTATION WITH THIS VEHICLE...IT HAD BEEN IN A SMASH AND HAD BEEN LEFT SITTING OUT IN A FARM PADDOCK FOR 3 YEARS. I SWAPPED IT FOR A CARTON OF BEER BUT THE FARMER WAS NOT THE OWNER AND KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT.
AS FOR MY PERSONAL INFORMATION...MY NAME IS BRETT AND I AM RETIRED AND LIVING ON A SMALL ACERAGE FARM IN SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA.
IF YOU COULD SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN SEND YOU SOME PICTURES OF THE VEHICLE.
ALL THE BEST
BRETT

Woodie wrote:Glad to know that I am not the only one having had that trouble and had the Mickey taken trying to send pictures from a laptop.
Sending pictures from a Tablet is so much easier than Computer.
What year and engine size is it? 2 Cylinders, 3 Cylinders, 4 Cylinders. Don't say Diesel for goodness sake. Did you not have the Vehicle Documentation with it when you inherited it.

I am not in the frame of mind at this moment in time to help you with the Posting of Pictures, but if no-one comes along with help then private message me at Easter and I will talk to you over the phone and go through it step by step - so long as you have a decent Tablet.

In the mean time tell us a bit about yourself,  age etc  and the area you live in.

bretley

Back to top Go down

HIJET IDENTIFICATION Empty HELLO SCOTIA

Post by bretley Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 pm

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO MY MESSAGE. I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH HOW THIS SITE IS SET UP AND HOW HARD IT IS TO POST PICTURES AND SEND /REPLY TO MESSAGES ETC. I DO NOT HAVE A TABLET AND AM USING A COMPUTER.
I DO NO THAVE ANY DOCUMENTATION WITH THIS VEHICLE...IT HAD BEEN IN A SMASH AND HAD BEEN LEFT SITTING OUT IN A FARM PADDOCK FOR 3 YEARS. I SWAPPED IT FOR A CARTON OF BEER BUT THE FARMER WAS NOT THE OWNER AND KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT.
AS FOR MY PERSONAL INFORMATION...MY NAME IS BRETT AND I AM RETIRED AND LIVING ON A SMALL ACERAGE FARM IN SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA.
IF YOU COULD SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN SEND YOU SOME PICTURES OF THE VEHICLE.
ALL THE BEST
BRETT

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by bretley Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:01 am

HELLO PFM
ALL THE BEST
BRETT

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:53 am

i use a computer to.
this is what i do, join servimg
use youre emailadres and password that you also use to get on this forum you are now.
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20170816<

click upload
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20180320

select file
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20180323

click host it
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20180321

click on the litle bleu thing to see more links
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20180324

copy this link
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 20180322

paste that link here
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 220jaz10

if your reply takes a couple minutes to post or you have a long reply that takes long to write you should copy your thing you are writing every 2 minutes or so
This site sometimes eats your reply if it takes to long .. so you could spend 10 minutes writing something and then click post and poef its gone.
So its smart to copy your long responses every couple of minutes so if that happens you can paste your reply again so you dont have to write it again.

oh and this website and the picture posting site are free to use ..although its difficult to use remember its free cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by bretley Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 am

THANKS SCOTIA. I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND AFTER HALF AN HOUR OF TRYING TO ENTER THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD THEY SENT ME I AT LAST MANAGED TO LOG ON. AFTER ANOTHER HALF HOUR I SEEM TO HAVE UPLOADED THE PHOTOS.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT DID WORK OUT CORRECTLY.
WHAT A ORDEAL!
BRETT

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 am

well post one and you can see if it works..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

We wait witb baited breath, welcome, dont worry its all part of the exerience.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Raggy wrote:We wait witb baited breath, welcome, dont worry its all part of the exerience.

Laughing yes he isnt the only one who has troubles with posting pictures on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Shocked Wouldnt know who you mean! Very Happy
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Bog off you rat bags.!! It's so easy to do using a Tablet or my Sony XZ Premium. (apart from having such huge hands and fingers to match) You stick to your ancient Old Tower Stacks and Mouse - eek eek and slow old cumbersome Laptops.

I'm ahead of the game here boys. You can't get one over on this Old Age Pensioner my pretty boys.
What a load of tosh!! Well at least having a lot more spare parts than any of you and 14 years of experience with Hi-Jets and Romahomes keeps me in favour with most of you. Until I upset someone. Now how often does that happen.
Don't answer that or your phone number and email address will be blocked. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by bretley Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Ok...let's see if this works. If not I think i would rather pay the dentist a visit than go through this ordeal again.
Here are the links (I think).
HIJET IDENTIFICATION Graphi16
HIJET IDENTIFICATION Graphi17
HIJET IDENTIFICATION Graphi18
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 147-4712
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 147-4714

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by PvdB Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:52 am

Looks to me like a Daihatsu S65. Does it have a 850cc 3cylinder engine or a 550cc 2cylinder?

Is the last pictures how it is right now?? Or is that just for fun Razz
PvdB
PvdB
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 am

PvdB wrote:Looks to me like a Daihatsu S65. Does it have a 850cc 3cylinder engine or a 550cc 2cylinder?

Is the last pictures how it is right now?? Or is that just for fun Razz

yes i think so to, also called daihatsu 55 wide, i think that engine was in more types like the old charade etc
you see those types in indonesia verry often so you should still get parts for that i think.

Gongrats on posting pictures btw cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 am

Woodie wrote:Bog off you rat bags.!! It's so easy to do using a Tablet or my Sony XZ Premium. (apart from having such huge hands and fingers to match) You stick to your ancient Old Tower Stacks and Mouse - eek eek and slow old cumbersome Laptops.

I'm ahead of the game here boys. You can't get one over on this Old Age Pensioner my pretty boys.
What a load of tosh!!  Well at least having a lot more spare parts than any of you and 14 years of experience with Hi-Jets and Romahomes keeps me in favour with most of you. Until I upset someone. Now how often does that happen.
Don't answer that or your phone number and email address will be blocked. lol!

Laughing Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 am

not sure about the engine..
are you 100% sure it says cb23?
it could also have the cd engine.. 850cc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_C-series_engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Hijet

Last edited by scotia on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:20 am

HIJET IDENTIFICATION 57464010

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am

Brettley it would be helpful if you answered how many Cylinders it has. My guess from your pictures and the position of the engine that it is an 850 3 cylinder.

The 360cc and the 550 cc were two cylinders and the only one that I have had was the 550 twin and the engine and box were at the rear just in front of the rear wheels and had individual constant velocity shafts - a direct copy of the Honda Acty..

Whereas the 850 and 993cc have leaf springs and a solid rear axle.

Just looked at your photos of photos on my TABLET and can see that it has leaf springs so it is a 3 Cylinders 850.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am

I in 14 years of dismantling Hi-Jets have never had an 850 cc for sale or spares. Spares for them here in the UK are VERY hard to come by.

However for you out there you may find it easier to find parts on the Asian Continent as there would have been much more of a proliferation of them than over here. Best of luck. When searching for spares in future give as many details as possible about your vehicle - although forget about the Convertable details as Daihatsu to my knowledge didn't make any. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 am

Just taken another look at the pictures. You're spare wheel is at the back, making me feel sure it is a live axle, whereas the Honda twin it was on the side of the chassis.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretley Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 am

I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS A 3 CYL 1.0L ENGINE.
I FOUND THIS NUMBER UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT TODAY. DOES THIS MEAN IT IS A S76.
JDA000S7600000167
I HAVE POSTED A PIC ON HOW IT LOOKS AT THE MOMENT. I HAVE GOT IT RIGGED TO SPRAY PLANTS ON MY LITTLE FARM.
I ALSO FABRICATED A PTO DRIVE TO OPERATE A LARGE DIAPHRAM SPRAYER PUMP.
HIJET IDENTIFICATION 4wd10

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

Don't fancy your chances of selling that on Ebay in the future Brett. Anyway what are you doing up this late. An old Guffer like you should have been in bed hours ago.
I have a friend in Sydney and they are 10 hours in front of us. Where are you in Oz? And how many hours in front of us are you.
It's just so that we can message you in the middle of the night to annoy you for fun. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by bretley Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:32 am

I DONT INTEND TO EVER SELL IT. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL FARM RUNABOUTS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS ONE BLOWS ALL THE OTHERS OUT OF THE RUNNING. IT IS PERFECT FOR MY PURPOSE. I LOVE THE 4WD AND THE LOW RANGE AND THE MINICULE TURNING CIRCLE.
I LIVE IN SOUTH EAST QUEENLAND ABOUT ONE AND A HALF HOURS NORTH OF BRISBANE.
THE TIME IS ONLY 1930 PM SO I AM NOT UP LATE AS YOU THINK.
CAN YOU DECODE THAT SERIAL NUMBER I POSTED.

bretley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:45 am

Sorry I haven't got a clue about that Brett. I'll leave that to the younger members to find out on the Manuals that they have access to with their much better knowledge of the Internet. I have to rely on my 14 years of experience with Hi-Jets by pulling them to bits and repairing and rebuilding some of them. Mind you these days I seem to have forgotten more than I have learned - - isn't that right Oldie?? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Woodie wrote: Mind you these days I seem to have forgotten more than I have learned - - isn't that right Oldie?? Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying anything silent ....I'm on best behaviour Shocked Wink Cool .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:28 pm

hijet model s66 with cb23 993cc engine

copied this from wikipedia

In March 1981 the all-new S65 Hijet appeared, now on a slightly longer wheelbase but with the same AB20 engine. New was a flat-floor option for the Vans, and also new was a high-roof option. Power output is 28 PS (21 kW) at 5500 rpm, while max torque is 41 N⋅m (4.2 kg⋅m; 30 lb⋅ft) at 3500 rpm.[13] Most mechanicals were originally the same as before, but in March 1982 the S66, a new four-wheel drive (from October 1983 with optional free-wheel front hubs and front-wheel disc brakes) appeared. From 1982, export versions received a torquier 843 cc three-cylinder engine (CD20), called the Daihatsu 850 Cab. In 1983 a one-liter version was also made available.[15] In un-catalyzed trim, as sold in many export markets, this model produces 47 PS (35 kW) JIS at 5600 rpm.

picture also from wikipedia
HIJET IDENTIFICATION S65hij10

Manufacturer Daihatsu
Also called
Daihatsu 55 Wide (export)
Huali Dafa (China)
Daihatsu 850/1000
Daihatsu Atrai
Daihatsu Sparcar (Germany)[13]
Production
1981–1986
1984–2002 (China)
Body and chassis
Class kei truck
Body style
Van
Pickup truck
Layout
mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
four-wheel drive
Platform S65/S66
Powertrain
Engine
547 cc AB20/50 I2
547 cc AB55 turbo I2
843 cc CD
993 cc CB
Transmission 4/5-speed manual
Dimensions
Wheelbase
1,820 mm (72 in)
1,815 mm (71 in) (4WD)
Length
3,195 mm (126 in)
3,375 mm (133 in)
Width 1,395 mm (55 in)
Height 1,660–1,820 mm (65–72 in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Oh well done Inspector Sherlock of Scotia-Land Yard, telephone number Whitehall 1212!!!
Only Old Farts like me would understand that tenuous link.

Seriously Scotia, fantastic bit of research there and really interesting stuff that I didn't have much knowledge about so thank you for that.

And Oldie, yes you can come out of the corner now and take your pointed hat with the letter "D" on it, from off your head for your good behaviour. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next