Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet

2 posters

Go down

Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet Empty Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 am

Hi, I am new here and happy to find an online community to ask assistance. First, does my truck have clutch interlock switch and if so, when it malfunctions would my lights, wipers etc work anyway when I turn my key on?My battery is good, alternator good(I think), sometimes, one out of 8 - 10 times, when I depress the clutch and turn the key nothing happens, nothing at all, no lights , no radio, no anything. Then a little while later, when I turn the key and depress the clutch , the truck will start, so far anyway. This has been happening for a week or so. I recently had the alternator rebuilt. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet Empty Re: Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 am

There are two little wires that attach to the live connector on the batter live terminal.

They most likely have corroded and on the verge of failure.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet Empty Re: Clutch Interlock Switch on 1991 3 cylinder 2 wheel drive Daihatsu Hijet

Post by PFM Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Welcome, ShyeAnne - as you call your Hijet a 'truck' I guess you're in the States?
I've never heard of such a switch over here - it's not impossible that one is needed over there but I doubt it. I reckon HJ has the answer - I had a completely broken wire about 6 inches in from the battery terminal.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi there, Thank you both for your replies. I live in Canada, and I drive a Daihatsu hijet mini Truck, what is it called where you live? I will have the positive terminal connections checked and replaced. Thank you for your time, both of you. If that does not address the issue I will repost and ask for more input. Make it a great day !

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 pm

We'd call it either a Hijet pick-up, a Hijet Van or a Hijet MPV (van with rear side windows and rear seats). Do post a photo or 2 of your truck when you can.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down