Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello , im new , got a few questions to :)

5 posters

Go down

hello , im new , got a few questions to :)  Empty hello , im new , got a few questions to :)

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm

hello , iv had my hi-jet a month or so and now sorting all the little jobs out , thought id pop in and say hello and ask some question to Smile

first things first has anyone put a bigger steering wheel on one ? anyone know what would fit ? i miss PAS and think it mite help and i seem to have plenty of room in front of my bear belly Smile

another quick one , weres the pump for the windscreen washers ?

hello again , and thanks in advance Smile farao
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

hello , im new , got a few questions to :)  Empty Re: hello , im new , got a few questions to :)

Post by Logi Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Smile

A BIGGER wheel????????????

Why? A Hijet isn't exactly hard to steer?

Pump's under the bumper.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

hello , im new , got a few questions to :)  Empty Re: hello , im new , got a few questions to :)

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm

mines heavy at a point half way round a bend and parking although it does groan and creak so maybe that the first port of call i spos , any ideas ? where i live its a constant squess in and out of parking spaces so the lighter the better Smile .

cheers for info , il have a go at the pump on the morning Smile
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm

and the wheel on its seems small even compared to the micra a bang about in Smile its like a fisher price steering wheel Very Happy
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum toastiee

Logi wrote:Pump's under the bumper.

You should know better young man Wink Sending him on a wild goose chase.

The washer jet pumps are in the bottom of the water bottle under the passenger seat, and a common cause of the front jets not working is the pipe getting kinked under the carpet in the drivers side foot well next to the heater.

As for heavy steering, if the front tyres are old, crap or flat it makes them really heavy - as I found on my first one, after a year of ownership I put a new set of tyres on it and was amazed at how light the steering was!

All the best, Matt
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi the washer pump on a 1995 993cc is in the bottle under the passenger seat towards the front and I think a service of all the joints and rack would be called for if it is hard to steer.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

cheers chaps , il look in to all of that , iv been trying to ge it on some ramps to see if a can pin point the groaning as that can be doing me any favours , what psi do you run your front tyres ?

thanks d
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 pm

I think it's 29psi.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 pm

I go for 33psi in mine

All of my hijets have groaned and clunked a bit on steering. They have them stupid bearing cups on the top of the Macpherson struts which are always crap on every car that has cheap ass Macpherson strut suspension systems.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

i better check that then , im sure they are in the 30's OPS , do you know if rascal wheels are the same as there's a set with good tyres local . wile we're on the subject what other wheels will fit um ?

ta for any info Smile
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:I go for 33psi in mine

All of my hijets have groaned and clunked a bit on steering. They have them stupid bearing cups on the top of the Macpherson struts which are always crap on every car that has cheap ass Macpherson strut suspension systems.

is that the top of the strut ? is it worth greasing up in there ? cheers
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah at the top of the strut, I'm not sure what the crack is on a hijet but normally you need to take stuff to bits a little to get to them.

Don't think they are the same as a rascal, which 4x114 comes to mind but I'm not sure. Tyres might fit though, but you can get new rubber for about £25 a corner.

The hijet takes the wonderful size of PCD 4x110, which is bloody rare to say the least.

If you live anywhere near me in crewe, cheshire, I have 2 sets of steel wheels with ok tyres on spare, and 1 set with nearly new tyres spare.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:

You should know better young man Wink Sending him on a wild goose chase.

Embarassed
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Yeah at the top of the strut, I'm not sure what the crack is on a hijet but normally you need to take stuff to bits a little to get to them.

Don't think they are the same as a rascal, which 4x114 comes to mind but I'm not sure. Tyres might fit though, but you can get new rubber for about £25 a corner.

The hijet takes the wonderful size of PCD 4x110, which is bloody rare to say the least.

If you live anywhere near me in crewe, cheshire, I have 2 sets of steel wheels with ok tyres on spare, and 1 set with nearly new tyres spare.

im miles away In Glos but thanks for the offer , il look in to some new ones as the ones on the back arnt great but cant spent to much on it till i can be sure im going to be smoking it about for a wile Smile . il have a go at getting some grease up the struts then and see if it helps , i need a bit of tinkering time if it ever stops raining , cheers for great info .ta d
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 am

well i'v greased it all up and not any better yet , spoke to a local place about tyres and they want 50 quid to trade !! sod that . breaks are grinding but loads of pads left . hmm , what to do next ? still need to sort the washer pump Smile
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:33 am

hello , im new , got a few questions to :)  Bullworker
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:00 am

Ta , il have a look
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Yeah, I get my tyres for £40 and they have to order them cos nobody else round here seems to need them! if they are too worn or need air makes a huge difference to steering
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by toastiee Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 am

Been trying all sorts but not any better , will have to be tyres next when I can adored um , next job is a window in one of the sliders , any ideas where yo buy the gass ? Anyone fitted one ? I guess it fairly strait forward ?

Cheers d
toastiee
toastiee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 pm

You could go plod riot van style cut the hole out and glue and pop rivet some 4mm plexi in.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down