Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help fitting bench seats....please!

2 posters

Go down

Help fitting bench seats....please! Empty Help fitting bench seats....please!

Post by LSD Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Hey jetters now a proud owner of some rear beanch seat's (E-bay £30 if you want some he has lot's)
I'm going to fit them behind the drivers seat i've found the holes (lol) so bolt them in, how about the rear support with the quick release how do i bolt that down to the van?(stop laughing)
I also could do with any more tips what bolt's to use, how to fit seat belts(i need some)and any other advice Embarassed
Hey many thanks
justin
LSD
LSD
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Help fitting bench seats....please! Empty Re: Help fitting bench seats....please!

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:07 pm

I think it's time to get the welder out and start making things someone did put the bench behind the front seats I think it was Bones but he made a plate to bolt the front to as the brackets dont match the front ones and then he welded in the loops for the quick release so he could fold them up.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Help fitting bench seats....please! Empty Re: Help fitting bench seats....please!

Post by LSD Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks bud just found that link......sound's easy affraid
LSD
LSD
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LSD Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey guy sorted how to fit the bench seats, but now for the belts can i use front belts in the back or do i need rear seat belts?
Also how to fit them in a pannel van?
Thanks
justin
LSD
LSD
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

If you have the bench behind the drivers seats then you need to take the rear quarter cards off some one when retrimming found that they have the holes for the belts but are covered so can be modified but you will need the belts to suit the bench belts latch into catches attached to the frame of the seat but if you have the bench in the back the belts are not inertia ones as stock but I think with a little persuasion a pair of front belts will work fine if I had found some I would know the answer as my rear most belts are removed as they would fail an MOT.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down