Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done)

2 posters

Go down

Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done) Empty Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done)

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:47 pm

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway ;p;
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to put a bench seat behind the front seats instead of in the rear? I really struggle with the weight of the middle seats(up two flights stairs to store) and quite fancy the bench seat in the middle. Where I use her as a Camper from April to October, I'd like to use the bench seat for the winter then I can just fold it up against the drivers seat when using as a van (or not as the case may be).

Do they come on plate/s like the middle two seats and would the middle row seat belts work on those? eg seat belt stalks fit through the bench?
My van didn't come with a rear bench seat and before I pay out for one (once I've found one!) I need to know the above questions.

Thanks as always for reading..

Back to top Go down

Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done) Empty Re: Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done)

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi the short answer is no they don't but they can someone has done it can't remember who it was but they made a plate up to mount the bolt on part of the bench seat onto but then had to weld the loops on for the back as it clips onto the loops which are attached to the rear wheel arches. if you are altering the interior you are suposed to notify your insurance and it needs to be done properly as the MOT tester can fail it on insecure mounts.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done) Empty Re: Seats (and other words as apparently I must put a really long title when the word seats would have done)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks you.. that answers that very succinctly .. cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 am

i take it the forum said you had to have a longer title? lol
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm

What makes you ask.. haa haa! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down