Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting sunroof

3 posters

Go down

Fitting sunroof Empty Fitting sunroof

Post by andautumn Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:04 am

Hello all

I'm looking to fit a sunroof in my Hijet, I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good fitters? I'm in South Wales area but willing to travel to somebody recommended.

Alternatively, I am toying with the idea of doing it myself, although my instincts are saying that this job may be beyond my ability! Does anybody have any experience fitting a sunroof?

Thanks
Drew
andautumn
andautumn

Back to top Go down

Fitting sunroof Empty Re: Fitting sunroof

Post by Manks Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:27 am

Never done it myself but back in the 80s, when sunroof fitters were as common as window tinters today, I too considered doing it myself. I was a keen and reasonably good diy-er although I chickened out but did get to watch it being done. I was glad I paid for someone else to do it, its probably easy when you've done it before but experience and bottle count for a lot!
Manks
Manks
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by andautumn Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:55 am

I'm thinking the same at the moment. Once that hole is cut in the top of your van there's no turning back!

I was going to fit the wind-driven vent myself, although this isn't so bad because you can buy complete kits with fairly comprehensive instructions. I've not seen the same for sunroofs.
andautumn
andautumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I fitted one to my last Hijet, as long as you cut the hole the right size and not squinty it's easy Wink
Measure many times before cutting. Got one off Woody for this van but still haven't got my digit removed from my rectum and fitted it.
One thing to watch, the Hijet Haa swage lines higher up on the roof, too big a sunroof and you'll hit problems with sealing the surround.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down