Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daihatsu Hijet/Piaggio Porter purchasing advice :)

2 posters

Go down

Daihatsu Hijet/Piaggio Porter purchasing advice :) Empty Daihatsu Hijet/Piaggio Porter purchasing advice :)

Post by Interdictorf Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm

Hey all! I'm new to this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong area, but I was wondering if anybody could help with some advice on purchasing a Piaggio Porter van. The main things I'm wondering are reliable places where I can look for these vehicles in the UK and what sort of price I should be expecting to settle on (I understand that that second point is a little similar to "how long is a piece of string" in a lot of ways but a rough answer would be fantastic). I was also hoping to hear any particularly common problems that I should be looking out for on my hunt for one of these vans, or just things to consider in general whilst owning one.

Any assistance would be wonderful, thanks for taking the time to read through Smile

Interdictorf

Back to top Go down

Daihatsu Hijet/Piaggio Porter purchasing advice :) Empty Re: Daihatsu Hijet/Piaggio Porter purchasing advice :)

Post by PFM Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi and welcome. I presume you mean a pre-2010 van, and they're thin on the ground. It's essential to get it up to temperature and let it run for a while, to ensure it's not overheating. Remember you'll only get hot air from the dash and footwell outlets, face vents are always cold. Otherwise, check for the usual rot, leaks, play in steering & suspension etc. Areas where there was (is?) an enthusiastic dealer (Essex and Bristol spring to mind) might have more around. A quick check on ebay only shows pick-ups, though there are a few Hijet vans too.

If you're looking for a newer one, good luck - we know very little about those on here.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down