Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blink code 52

3 posters

Go down

Blink code 52 Empty Blink code 52

Post by tornas Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi there, glad to see the forum is still alive and kicking!

The Jet has not been very happy lately. The engine light has come on a few times and while driving on the highway the error/security mode kicks in once every 15 or 20 minutes. Diagnosis brought to light that it is error code 52, which should be vehicle speed sensor.

Any ideas as to which parts I should replace (Hijet 1.3 2000)?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Blink code 52 Empty Re: Blink code 52

Post by Guest Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am

Speedo head has a sensor in it. You need to replace the speedo head or more easily the whole cluster.
Only problem there is your mileage on the Odometer will be out. I always strip the speedo out and replace it having stripped it down to alter the mileage to your existing mileage. When I sell a speedo head I ask the customer the current mileage and reset the Odometer to their mileage. Its a pain in the bum but it keeps the mileage history correct for the Mot records. Either that or put a disclaimer on the speedo or windscreen with the mileage it changed at and the new speedo reading. But most people can't be bothered to do it. I think that a Motor Trader has to put a disclaimer in the vehicle, but not certain.

You will probably find that if you stay around 40mph it won't happen, but obviously that is no use to anyone.
The speed sensor sends a message to the ECU and when it packs up like yours the ECU thinks that the engine is just ticking over and cuts down the fuel supply.
After a few minutes it resets itself and away you go again.

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks both!

Woodie, you do not happen to have a speedo unit lying around for sale do you?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Yes of course Tornas. Where has it got to go to?

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Hmmm, yes, don't you hate it when peeps don't state their location! Smile

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Sarky!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Moi??? It's been a busy week and am jumping on peeps left right & centre. Bloody staff!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:37 am

Thankfully I am the only member of staff to blame when things go wrong. Now I know why I go around these days arguing with myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Amsterdam of course!

I'll send you a PM Smile

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Ah yeah no I can't :/

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 am

arent there differences between uk and dutch dashboard units like mph-kmh

i dont want to meddle but you can buy that unit from marktplaats to tornas

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-onderdelen/overige-onderdelen/m1173004950-daihatsu-hijet-dashboard-snelheidsmeter-cockpit.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=57

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 am

Yeah that was also the question I wanted to ask Woodie in my PM! Thanks Scotia, this seems like a better idea (the cost of this one is about the same as the shipping costs from UK to NL lol).

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PvdB Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 am

Woodie wrote:Speedo head has a sensor in it. You need to replace the speedo head or more easily the whole cluster.
Only problem there is your mileage on the Odometer will be out. I always strip the speedo out and replace it having stripped it down to alter the mileage to your existing mileage. When I sell a speedo head I ask the customer the current mileage and reset the Odometer to their mileage. Its a pain in the bum but it keeps the mileage history correct for the Mot records. Either that or put a disclaimer on the speedo or windscreen with the mileage it changed at and the new speedo reading. But most people can't be bothered to do it. I think that a Motor Trader has to put a disclaimer in the vehicle, but not certain.

You will probably find that if you stay around 40mph it won't happen, but obviously that is no use to anyone.
The speed sensor sends a message to the ECU and when it packs up like yours the ECU thinks that the engine is just ticking over and cuts down the fuel supply.
After a few minutes it resets itself and away you go again.

Have this problem with my van as well ! Always thought it was caused by the VSS sensor in the speedometer, but never took the effort to fix it. Was thinking to swap the speedometer with my pickup to see if this was the cause of the problem. Now I think I will just buy another speedometer and let my pickup as is.
PvdB
PvdB
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Glad to hear that you got sorted Tornas. My reply was deliberate. Once again I thought that it might entice Logi out of the garden shed. Instead of that PFM fell into the hole. We haven't had a peep out of Logi for a month now which is very unusual.

He is alive and kicking though and the Scots humour is still there thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Anyone got a spare shovel?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down