Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijet 1300 fault code P1510

2 posters

Go down

Hijet 1300 fault code P1510 Empty Hijet 1300 fault code P1510

Post by guisborough1 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 am

Hi, my uncle owns a Hijet 1300 2004 model that has developed a fault code. I believe it relates to a starter/ignition problem, can anyone confirm this. Also what would I do to go about testing fixing it. The garage said replace the battery but im not sure this is going to resolve anything. One note, he has a 1000cc model that turns over and starts on the button but the 1300 seems to be hesitant on crank but always starts. Do you think the starter maybe on its way out and would this throw up a fault code? Could it be the cam sensor?

Thanks for looking and hopefully someone can shed some light on the problem.

guisborough1

Back to top Go down

Hijet 1300 fault code P1510 Empty Re: Hijet 1300 fault code P1510

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi there and welcome!

Just need to find out a bit more... When you say fault code do you mean the engine warning light comes on? Has it been scanned to check what fault code is causing the warning light to come on?

Was it scanned via the OBD port with a scanner and what was the code? (this is for late models, I have never seen one that has an OBD port)

Or was it scanned via the jump connector, read this -> http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk/hijet-diagnostic-engine-warning-light-flash-codes/

If the engine warning light is coming on it makes it a million times easier to diagnose the fault. You can find the trouble code, look it up and it will give you most of the information you need to fix it.

Do not change the battery unless its obviously knackered!!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 pm

DUHHH!!! I didn't see this bit P1510

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm

That is a Gay code to try and resolve,

Could be the starter motor relay, solenoid, or motor itself.

Or it could be something completely unrelated which is stopping it from starting and its firing up the P1510 code.

Does it crank over ok? Nice and quick without and hickups etc?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by guisborough1 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. The van starts but the starter motor is sluggish (compared to a 1000cc that we have). Its a bit like a diesel starter sounds like if that makes sense. With this in mind would we think that the starter is at fault. TBH with other cars I have not known a starter throw a code, usually if the copper contacts have gone you get a click and nowt else. Im more inclined to think the starter isnt drawing enough power (or its stiff and drawing too much) but would this throw a code? BTW the engine management light is on and the van appears to run fine.

guisborough1

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

The code just means "trouble starting" basically

It often comes up if you push start a car down a hill etc.

I think it measures the amount of time the starter cranks over for, and if it is more or less than a set amount it flags the code.

This code shouldn't cause any running faults or limp mode etc. More of a warning than anything, a bit of a pointless annoying one at that.

Your guess is as good as the next guys really, could be something gay like a bad earth lead to the engine, or a dodgy connector on the live feed to the starter, or the comm's in the starter aren't engaging properly, or the battery is weak.

You can perform some easy tests though, first try starting it with some jump leads off a good running vehicle and see if the starter turns over properly. Then use the jump leads to power the starter motor manually.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by guisborough1 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:08 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:The code just means "trouble starting" basically

It often comes up if you push start a car down a hill etc.

I think it measures the amount of time the starter cranks over for, and if it is more or less than a set amount it flags the code.

This code shouldn't cause any running faults or limp mode etc. More of a warning than anything, a bit of a pointless annoying one at that.

Your guess is as good as the next guys really, could be something gay like a bad earth lead to the engine, or a dodgy connector on the live feed to the starter, or the comm's in the starter aren't engaging properly, or the battery is weak.

You can perform some easy tests though, first try starting it with some jump leads off a good running vehicle and see if the starter turns over properly. Then use the jump leads to power the starter motor manually.

Cheers Pal, I will do some fault finding/headscratching this weekend. cheers

guisborough1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down