Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go!

4 posters

Go down

K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go! Empty K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go!

Post by Fuzzydoguk Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi all
right busy creating a to do list for the new van first things is dealing with the potential of overheating - drove it home for an hour and the guage never moved from half way so im relatively happy.

Just reading through the forums though and keep seeing mention of K seal where does this go?

Can you tell im not the most technical, Im planning on learning as I go with this project.

Cheers

James

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go! Empty Re: K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go!

Post by difflock123 Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:47 pm

K seal is a liquid that you pour into the radiator/cooling system IF your vehicle is using water (either leaking radiator or head gasket)

if yours isnt overheating, there isnt much you can do to prevent it in the future (apart from service the vehicle well and make sure you use coolant)

Best of luck Smile

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go! Empty Re: K Seal? Coolant? help me out where does this go!

Post by Fuzzydoguk Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Ok thanks, what should I put in the Coolant reservoir under the seat? should it be water or coolant and if so what coolant is good to go with?

Thanks

James

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:11 pm

engine coolant should be a mix of 50% water (distilled/deionised but most use tap water) and 50% antifreeze/summer coolant.

I normally get mine from halfords as its quite often on offer (last time I got mine, if you bought 5L of engine oil, you got a 5L tub of premixed coolant mixture Very Happy )

I actually think the premixed coolant is a better option for most people, as theres no worrying about correct mixtures

have you downloaded the manual appropriate for your hijet from this forum yet?
I would strongly recommend you do Smile

Good luck, and hope that helps.

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzydoguk Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Brilliant thanks for that will go get some tomorrow one more stupid question (for tonight Laughing ) the coolant bottle is full of water how do I drain it to fill with errrr coolant Very Happy

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:26 pm

there is no drain so you can either suck it out with something or syphon it although i would not want a mouthful of that water other option is a pump
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:27 am

Fuzzydoguk wrote:Brilliant thanks for that will go get some tomorrow one more stupid question (for tonight Laughing ) the coolant bottle is full of water how do I drain it to fill with errrr coolant Very Happy

It's only held on by 2 small bolts - take it off and let the missus give it a splash in the bowl at the end of her washing up.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down