Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hijet with a couple of fuel issues

4 posters

Go down

New hijet with a couple of fuel issues Empty New hijet with a couple of fuel issues

Post by mallardian Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi, my name is Pete and I bought a 52 plate hijet a few weeks back, so thought I'd introduce myself. Its a 1.3 efi panel van with a factory fitted LPG conversion and I love it already. I have plans on converting the back into a camper for festival season. Since I bought it, there have only been a couple of issues with it. It runs great and economically with no overheating problems. However the other day the Prins LPG system stopped working completely. As in no lights on the control switch and it is only running on petrol. Not sure if it could be something as simple as a blown fuse, but I wouldn't know where to look for a fuse for the system. It had been working exactly as it should be before that. This also led to me finding out that my fuel gauge doesn't work, because I ran out of petrol not too long after. Luckily rolling distance from a petrol station. A full tank of fuel later and I was away again. The fuel gauge reads anywhere between just above and just below half a tank, changing depending on gradient. Is this the issue that I have read about where the float comes out of its tube? Or could it be another problem? I would like to sort both the issues out so that I don't have any more incidents of running out of juice. Any help would be greatly appreciated
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

New hijet with a couple of fuel issues Empty Re: New hijet with a couple of fuel issues

Post by mallardian Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Here is a picture of it anyway. still needs a name too

New hijet with a couple of fuel issues 12873610
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

New hijet with a couple of fuel issues Empty Re: New hijet with a couple of fuel issues

Post by PFM Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Welcome to the madhouse, and yes it is probably the same float problem. Suggest you write down the mileage at each fill and re-fill when you've driven about 180 or so miles until fixed. I've never been lucky enough to have a LPG van but suggestions will most likely follow. Which part of the country are you in?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mallardian Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:10 pm

I'm from Portsmouth. are there many/any people from the forum around this sort of area? would be nice to meet some others with some inside knowledge
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Pompey, eh? One or two...with one of our stalwarts (Woody) just a swim away on the IOW - if he's not away at some gig or other.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mallardian Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Oh good to know. The van came from the IOW actually
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Does the reg plate end KKJ ?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mallardian Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:47 pm

No its HW52 FFK
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:03 am

Hello Pete and welcome to the Forum.
Yes indeed HW is HAMPSHIRE WIGHT.
I too have an identical red HW 52 EFB plate van from Wight Motors who would have sold your one originally.

Mine is 1 private Owner from new with I think 68,000 miles on the clock. It too has LPG. I paid £200 for it which was a bargain.

If you look under the passenger seat, you will find the LPG Control Unit. The loom going into it has two In-line Micro Fuses.
Take them out and clean the fuses up and the holders. It is usually just a poor connection here that causes the problem.
Hopefully that will be the case for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by mallardian Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks for the help on this Woodie. And sorry it has taken 10 months to reply to you, I completely forgot to come back and thank you. It turned out that it was the in line fuse. One wire had snapped off completely, so I fitted a new fuse holder. It has been working perfectly ever since.
Also, you are right about Wight motors being the original dealer, I still have their sticker in the back window Very Happy
mallardian
mallardian

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Not only the old 'uns who have problems rememberiing then? Thanks for the update, Mall.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:36 am

I've got an LPG van and haven't yet had the nerve to fill it up.

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 am

Why is it that Andy?? If you aren't sure of how to use the LPG Filler nozzle then you only have ask a member of the staff at the Fuel Station to show you or ask them to fill it for you..

To be perfectly honest with you, I felt like that with the first LPG van I had to fill up when working for Romahome. I just asked one of the guys in the garage to show me how to fill it up. It can be a bit disconcerting when you are connecting and disconnecting the nozzle with the sudden noise and smell of gas but you soon get used to that.
You will save money by running it on LPG if you do a good bit of mileage each week.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm

It's a bit of that first time fear, but also fear that the LPG won't work and I'll be running around with a tank full of pressurised gas that I can't use.

So many jobs to do on my van; just need the weather to warm up a bit and to find a spare bit of cash somehow.

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 pm

You don't have to fill it right up Andy. Put a Fiver or a tenners worth in, the same as petrol, and give it a try. If you feel embarrassed just explain to the garage that you don't know if it works and just want a little to try it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down