Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt

+2
bushwhacker
Manuel_nl
6 posters

Go down

Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt Empty Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt

Post by Manuel_nl Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:59 am

Does anyone has bad experiences with certain brands of Timing Belts
What are the best and which brand you should stay away from?
For instance there is this UK Brand: Blue Print. It's, lets say, 40% cheaper than Gates
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt Empty Re: Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt

Post by bushwhacker Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:32 pm

I have no experience of their timing belts but I would normally go for Blue Print every time as they are made to the correct patterns .
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt Empty Re: Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Second that BW. Gates are a good company with quality products, but Blue Print are a well proven brand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:06 am

I have changed my belt (and tensioner) with a Nipparts one. I use Nipparts stuff on all my other Japanese vehicles and never had problems (someone told me they are the original parts or preferred brand, at least for Nissan). I also can recommend Gates (of course), but Nipparts is a little easier on the finances most of the time.

Check out (Dutch) carpartsdirect.nl for good deals, they charge no shipping when the order is over 20 euros and for stuff like belts or filters or brake fluids they are the cheapest most of the times.

For stuff like clutches and driveshafts I usually use (Dutch) besteonderdelen.nl (Germany based webshop). I bought a Valeo clutch kit for a 1995 Nissan Micra K11 for only 55 euros yesterday.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:58 am

Lex. What is this Sponsored Content Advert that keeps appearing each time after one of your posts? It appears as a Post. Can you shed some light on it. I am curious to know what it is all about.

I have taken a picture of it this time before it dissapeared as it seems to do each time to prove that I am not going mad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:00 am

Which brand to choose regarding the Timing Belt Img_2010
Advert as seen by Woodie
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:02 am

I would suggest his phone/table has some kind of malware on it which is injecting adverts into the pages on his browser.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:10 am

I have got AVG Protection Pro and Malware Bytes in place which are specifically for Android applications on both phones and both Tablets and it has ONLY happened via the Forum after one of Lex's posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 am

Gone back into the Post and the Sponsored Content post has gone again, so I don't quite understand how it is happening Matt.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:06 am

What kind of phone/tablet is it?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:56 am

Both phones are Sony Z3 Dual Sim 6633 and Tablets Sony Z3 Compact and Sony Z4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Woodie wrote:Lex. What is this Sponsored Content Advert  that keeps appearing each time after one of your posts? It appears as a Post.   Can you shed some light on it. I am curious to know what it is all about.

I have taken a picture of it this time before it dissapeared as it seems to do each time to prove that I am not going mad.

I have no idea, but I have not seen it after posting and returning to the thread. I'm guessing it's on your end, because nobody else has seen it? Maybe an admin can see if there's some residue of those posts on the server. Also ask him to clean up poor Manuel's thread.

Also; is it back now?

-Edit- Isn't it just an ad displayed by the forum (or the ads company) underneath every last post? Of course when you're running an adblocker you're not seeing it. Ring up the admin, I'm sure he knows what's going on.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:29 pm

No it isn't Lex. The only advert is the one at the top of the home page. I wondered if it was something to do with your server but apparently not. Not being a Technophobe I was concerned that it was Malware and could cause problems for all of us.
If it crops up again I will shout.

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:37 pm

I've seen the ads too, only on my iPhone though. Didn't notice if it was only after Lex' posts.

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down