Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIJET PROPSHAFT RECALL

3 posters

Go down

HIJET PROPSHAFT RECALL Empty HIJET PROPSHAFT RECALL

Post by MATTT Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:09 am

mines eligible for the prop to be replaced under warranty,but the nearest dealer also want to charge a £94+vat inspection fee of the whole van before changing it.
Is there a easy way to tell the difference to the replacement type and the original,as im going to have to drive it a fair way to the next dealer who wont charge me this fee
It doesn't need an inspection as its in having the cam belt done and once over , ive already changed the oil and filter so its ready to go

MATTT
Clubman

Back to top Go down

HIJET PROPSHAFT RECALL Empty Re: HIJET PROPSHAFT RECALL

Post by PFM Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Not heard of the 'inspection' fee before - did they give a reason? Might be worth mentioning it to the recall people. You can check online to see if yours has been done but I'm sorry I don't have the link. Anyone?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MATTT Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 pm

It's on the list to have it checked according to daihatsu
The dealer said as its not been seen by them for a few years since the tank was replaced they need to do a full inspection if they are changing the prop
Even though I said its being serviced now

MATTT
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:42 pm

That's bollox, I changed mine myself as it was easier than taking the van along, your dealer's an arsehole trying it on, name & shame.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MATTT Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:12 am

Well the dealer is west end woking
I did say it's not going good to need an inspection as I'm going over the whole van myself ,apart from the cambelt ,and it does have a current mot and has only done 500 miles since passing that
I doubt I can get one for free under warranty and fit it myself.?
It's a bit much to pay over £100 if it was 20 or 30 quid in would have paid it
I'm checking the brakes next week and will check the prop uj then and probably leave it if it's okay unless I can find another place that will preorder it so I can get it changed whilst I wait
It can't be more than a 30 min job on a ramp?

MATTT
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:41 am

I bought a 1300 van last summer from a chap in West End. He didn't speak too well of them either. I would get back to Daihatsu and make a complaint right away. I have had two props done here on the Island and they just came out with a trolley jack and changed it on the Forecourt while I waited both times. No charge of any kind on either jobs.

I used to live in Chatton Row off Queens
Road ( wait for it) and went to school in Knaphill. I moved to the Isle of Wight from Mill Lane in Pirbright, house just opposite Pirbright Mill called Millcroft.

Back to top Go down

Post by MATTT Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Well hopefully after I emailed the croydon dealer and forwarded the authorising letter and a copy of the V5 they might be able to preorder the prop and fit is whilst I wait as it's almost a hour away

MATTT
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down