Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rekeying the locks

2 posters

Go down

Rekeying the locks Empty Rekeying the locks

Post by d1noh Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:52 pm

trying to order Piaggio/Daihatsu genuine ignition key blanks and rebuild all the locks on all the trucks so one key fits all, one pick up has all matching keys/locks so I thought that would be the master, problem I have is there are 2 different key blanks and Piaggio want the 4 digit number off the door locks, I have the ignition barrel at home and that has a 7 digit number, anybody know if I can cross reference the 7 digit with the 4digit?
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Rekeying the locks Empty Re: Rekeying the locks

Post by PFM Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 am

I have my doubts that there's any relation between the 4 and 7 digit numbers. If the two types of blanks are not compatible with each other you've got a problem anyway. Would it massively help your life to have all vans on one key? Major headache if someone pinches a key.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:35 pm

I can order blanks but as I say just which one, they will supply the correct one off the lock code, I then can rebuild the locks to suit the master key, I have tried running different keys but its a pain in the arse, its bad enough having 2 keys for the same vehicle! agreed, if the key is lost then I will have to change them all but as they are pick ups only need to change the 2 doors and ignition
I will pull a lock out of a door the weekend and see.
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down