Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

door handles

+2
jetex
bones 851
6 posters

Go down

door handles Empty door handles

Post by bones 851 Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 pm

hi there, went out this am to drop of mtb for service, put bikes in van , then went to open drivers side sliding(inside handle) door, would not budge, still opens from outside???,will remove door card 2morrow have a look, any body any ideas on average problem with sliding doors, i know they can be a pest from time to time , somthing about pins and stuff, im no mech but will have a look, any advice welcome,,,, bones 851
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

door handles Empty Re: door handles

Post by jetex Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 pm

I would think that the linkage has become disconnected. I'm sure that the fault will be pretty obvious once you remove the door card. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

jetex
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm

both my sliding door handles were broken on the out side. flimsy bit of plastic broke (red dotted line in pic) which then wouldn't push a latch far enough to release the door mechanism. i fixed both sides by bodging it with plastex on one side and a long bit of twisted wire wrapped around the pin on the other!!
From what i have read. Hijet Door handles must be used with care! they are fragile! i told off a m8 for tugging too hard on a door handle the other day!
another ebay gem.. sliding door runner replacement kit.. Item number: 370253107518 seller:timjennings1@ yahoo.com or tel 07900 467675 this pops up every now and then. i will need one of his kits for the drivers side door.. getting stiff to slide.

door handles Hijethandle
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hijet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jetex Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Everything on the Hi-Jet is flimsy. Have you seen the window winder mechanism ?, If you carry on winding the window once it's closed, the whole mechanism bends, and the window glass can drop out.

jetex
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Everything Daihatsu is flimsy, let me reword that, minimal! From messing with charade GTti's in the past you come quite attached to the bean tin mentality. Trying to weld them is a nightmare, before you know it your melting bigger holes than you started with. I've seen thicker kitkat foil. Its all very well engineered though.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:21 am

http://www.plastexexpress.co.uk

this stuff is excellent at welding most plastics. i have some and used it on the van, my bike, in the home..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

door handles Empty Flimsy Door Locks

Post by SkippyGLI Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for the info Gents, now I know where to start my search.

How does the window winder and inside door release lever come off?? Are they just a push fit or is there a hidden bolt/pin etc.? I don't want to 'snap' something else off.......... Sad
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:59 am

they just pull off as they have a splined shaft with a grove turned into them and inserted into that grove is a round springy circlip type affair. Its easy to break them when removing them.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm

bain of my door handle life those sodding clips!
took me a far bit to get them out before i took the handle off.
small-ish flat screwdriver and lots of patience!

once off the rest comes off easy.
most the pins/bars are clipped in place.

i find in winter the whole mechanism will freeze and you cant open the sliding doors. last winter i opened one, shut it and went to work. got to work to see the door hadn't shut properly! the mechanism has frozen open!
WD40 all the mechanisms and it stops them freezing in the 1st place, use the red tube and squirt in to the door locks..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down