Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results.

3 posters

Go down

Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results. Empty Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results.

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 am

I put a Wanted ad on the Homepage of Wightbay.com here on the Island last Sunday and it has had a STAGGERING 4,365 views and a STAGGERING 1 reply !!!! Thats NEVER happened before. Guess I must have bought them all up already.  My Hi Jets Wanted ad has had nearly 800 views and yielded an 04 Plate Daihatsu Extol for £250 so that was good but no Grand Moves. People must really like them .
 I know I do and my wife wants another later model when this one is scrapped in August as it needs a new wind screen. Its been marvelous considering I only paid £70 for it and all it needed for the mot was a tyre I already had and two wiper blades. It owed me £104 on the road with a years Mot. Thats what I call cheap motoring. I have just had to put a new CV JOINT on it last week and that cost £43. 

Might have to stick my hand in my pocket and get a screen in August. Hope not. I want the 1500 Engine for a Hi-Jet van that Matches my Metallic Blue MPV.

Back to top Go down

Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results. Empty Re: Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results.

Post by HighlyJetted Sat May 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Get the screen done on the insurance?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results. Empty Re: Grand Move Wanted. Incredulous Results.

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Yes that may well be the other option Matt. It drives so well and is very reliable that it would seem a shame to break it up really.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat May 10, 2014 3:43 pm

It's what I'd do - and what for another 1500 with a rough body to scrap for the engine.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 5:11 pm

I would buy as many Grand Moves as I could find especially 1600's. I am just amazed at the lack of response. So unusual. Need loads more Hi-Jets for scrapping too. Sad Sad Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat May 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Everyone always wants the same bits:-

Fuel Tank
Head Lights
Mirrors
Door Handles
Indicators
Top coolant pipe
LSPV
Cylinder Head

They are the hot items and as such the price needs to reflect the demand.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Yes Matt I agree with you entirely. I hate having to bump the prices up because I like to think that I am a fair and generous person. But the vehicles ARE getting harder to buy and dearer to buy.

Taking into consideration the time it takes collecting a vehicle. stripping it down, storing the parts, dealing with customers requirements parcelling them up and then driving to a Post Office or waiting for a carrier to collect all had to be taken into account and on small items I loose money if you work out the time spent in total . But the trouble is I enjoy helping people and am too soft for my own good.

But have had to put prices up this week to make a proper living. Petrol tank this week I charged £70 for. Strangled Octopus £45, Rad fan £35 Door mirrors £20 Hand brake cable £25 and also a charge for the packing and the hundreds of rolls of silver tank tape I get through.
I feel AWFUL having to do it but I can't do roofing anymore as my damaged leg gives out and then on Easter Monday I woke up blind in my left eye due to the main artery in my eye ruptured in the night and bled into my eyeball.
Never rains but it pours. I have peripheral vision and the smoke glass effect is very slowly clearing but could be up to six months. Bit of a bum really. But I am still smiling and thinking that there are millions worse off than me. Keeps me sane thinking that I could have a lot worse problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lab_Rat835 Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 am

MAN UP Woody, your running a business not a charity shop, charge what its worth, its all about supply and demand, there is a huge demand and supplys are low and your pricing has to reflect this
Lab_Rat835
Lab_Rat835
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Never seen so many viewings on Wightbay in my life. It is now up to 7,102 and still only one reply. Check it out. Wightbay.com on the sliding promo ads on the homepage. My Hi Jets wanted ad has only had 752 views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down