Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought another Grand Move.

3 posters

Go down

Bought another Grand Move.  Empty Bought another Grand Move.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm

My £5-49p a week sliding display Wanted adverts on Wightbay are certainly bringing in the results. I had a call last night from a chap with a Metalic Blue MPV "N " reg contact me wanting £100 for it with head off " and a spare engine too mate-- but the eds gone mate needs a ed gaskit " . Naturally I declined --- complete plonker he seemed.

Then he phoned back today offering it for £75. Said I would give it some thought ---MAINLY Where the hell am I gonna put it ? I'm running out of space but I thought yeah-- £75 got to be worth that then 10 mins later a chap with an R reg 1500 Grand Move phoned offering me his one with 3 weeks T&T for £75 . Deal done.
Popped round to one of my customers and can leave it on her drive for a couple of weeks. Another couple of months and I will have every empty drive in Wroxall full of Daihatsu's . Ive even got one now on my ex Mother in laws drive.lol! 

Anyone desire a 1500 engine for their Hi-Jet ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Bought another Grand Move.  Empty Re: Bought another Grand Move.

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:29 pm

@ 75 quid, surely you can mot it and make cash on it
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:57 pm

They are not the prettiest of beasts are they ?? But must admit that hadn't even crossed my mind. Its not untidy -- I see it every week so when he phoned me he was a bit surprised that I knew where he lives.
Yep think that is a good idea HJ. Saves the mess of disemboweling it and where to put the spares.
If it had been another 1600 then no contest. Engine out for ANOTHER PROJECT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 am

Hmmmm. The Old Grey Cells have just kicked in now after a good nights sleep. He said the clutch was on the way out and really cant be bothered to do that. ( have got a second hand one )
Could ask Jim next door what he would charge but with mot and mucking about with that ---whats it gonna make £375 - £395 tops. Could take ages to sell. Is it worth it ?
Could try the Old Ploy of advertising it NOW with a " said" years MoT and see if any interest.
I have got two weeks grace on Anne's drive I suppose.Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 am

Changing a clutch is easier than breaking a whole vehicle, couple of hours work tops.

Surely its worth more than £400 with 12 months mot on it.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 pm

I poke to Jim in the garage next to me who I get on with really well and he looked up how long Daihatsu quote for a clutch change and it was 4.5 hours. I have got a good used clutch but he quoted me £170 labour to do it which is so unlike him --- I thought he would say £100 which would have been agreeable to me--- but I don't think he wanted to do it and I certainly don't.

Dont know what else is needed for mot but Eric only charges me £25 for a mot so I will stick it in and see what needs doing and then decide and if its not much my mate Paul would do it for around £85 -£90 so could well be worth doing as Jim reckons it would make £575 to £595
so yes I will bung it in for a MoT and see what happens then. sunny 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:40 am

Well I FINALLY got round to taking it for an mot and the clutch isnt slipping -- just needs some slack in the cable taking up so the pedal comes up off the floor, so thats great news.

Obviously it failed!!! Dreadful amount of work needed : 1 - nearside front tyre. 2 - petrol cap missing . 3 Emissions slightly over --- advice given by Eric the mot tester --a bottle of Injector Magic and give it a hard thrashing and get it stinking hot before the retest.

Job done !! Put a couple of used tyres I had, on the front, petrol cap and £4 for a botlle of
Injector cleaner . Total bill : Grand Move £70. MoT ( gone up -- to trade customers ) £30
Injector Magic £4 = £104 for car with a years MoT. Now that was a bargain. Who's a happy boy now then.?

Back to top Go down

Post by HIJET1300GT Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 am

How much do you reckon you'll get for it? At a guess I'd say 450-550ish?

HIJET1300GT
HIJET1300GT
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 am

Well actually with what I paid for it I am going to use it as a workhorse as it has a towbar and drives
really well and swallows up a lot of my tools in the back.

Will just have to tax it as it costs me nothing to insure as it is on my Motor Trade Policy.

Back to top Go down

Post by HIJET1300GT Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:49 am

The best things in life are free and free tax and insurance sounds good!
HIJET1300GT
HIJET1300GT
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:56 am

Well neither are free GT. I have a Motor Trade Policy which covers me for my vehicles and
customers and for my wife and my mate Jack who helps out when needed and that is £600 for the 3 of us which works out at £4 a week each which is pretty good.

It only takes a quick call to put one on cover and must be done within 7 days of purchase if using it on the road.

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Had a Sreg Grand Move years ago, one of the best motors I have had.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Well waz I am inclined to agree how good it is -- I am very pleasantly surprised .Set of alloys
electric windows,electric door mirors, reasonable stereo, ABS brakes is bit of a surprise as were rear discs too. It really was a bargain at £70 (It was £75 but neither of us had a fiver.)
Drives really well --no rattles or bangs and its not sluggish either for a 1500.

Goodness knows how well a Hi-Jet will go with a 1600 engine and with what HJ is doing to his
engine will be a real Street Sleeper. Certainly will be interested to see
"Ernie, The Fastest Hi-Jet in The North ".
Don't start a milk delivery round with it HJ for
goodness sake or we will never hear the last of the "Ernie" jokes. Mind you it will be "The Cream" with HJ's attention to detail.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Question for you....

does your grand move fuel cap fit your hijets ?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:12 pm

No HJ its nothing like it.It is like a vacuum flask stopper. There are no ears or lugs--just
a complete round tapered neck.

Had to "borrow" one for the mot. Haven't got one have
you.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down