Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diesel hijet??

+8
johnnyboy666
ToaseMan
bushwhacker
ldv.tek
Logi
waz
rich the mechanic
d1noh
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

diesel hijet?? - Page 2 Empty Re: diesel hijet??

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 am

Yes they have been digging and piling, concreteting and piping a natural spring under the road that has been the cause of the subsidence. The whole lot has gone and taken more road with it. This is the fourth time I can remember slippage and road closed and the second time in the four years since we lived at Niton
My friend lives just two hundred yards the Ventnor side of it but for the past three months I have had to go round the long way round. Normally from my house to his is just over a mile. Now its a 6 mile journey there.

Unless they compulsory purchase the backs of the quite considerable gardens of about 12 properties and run the road along the foot of the Undercliff I cant see
the road opening again and the house owners would have to park their cars either side of the slip and walk to their houses.
The Army are now involved and all 12 house owners have been advised to move out but they are all pretty well middle class properties and they don't want to move out as it nullifies their contents insurance. The houses aren't insured as they can't get insurance. !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:10 am

Could they move the road to the rear of the properties?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 pm

They did it further down the road building a new
section of road. This would be 1 of 2 options. The other one to close it permanently. Its a very pretty route in the summer for coaches so they would have to come through a very small awkward cross roads right in the middle of Niton which would mean stopping parking on a 150 yard stretch of one way street which leaves about 10-12 on road parking spaces for residents in the road and all the shoppers too and nowhere they could build a carpark either.

Would probably mean that some would go out of the area to shop in Ventnor or Shanklin.
Quite far reaching consequences really.

Back to top Go down

Post by gavin_hayward Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 pm

No n yes the fault lines all the way through not down to the digging but a geologic fault all the way along

gavin_hayward

Back to top Go down

Post by gavin_hayward Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm

No n yes the fault lines all the way through not down to the digging but a geologic fault all the way along

gavin_hayward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Thank you Professor Hayward. Went to go and take pictures but they are stopping everyone without legitimate reason going there,.

All but one household have been moved out today. They had MASSIVE sixwheel drive Army Lorrie's down there and Fire Brigade too.

Dunno what the next move will be now. Wait and see I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by gavin_hayward Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Lol no professor here just been down there with work.

gavin_hayward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Certainly bit of a mess down there. And you aren't going to believe this but am buying a dual fuel V reg van tomorrow ( Thursday ) with tax and long mot !!! Interested ??? Smile Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Well I have bought it Gavin. Island reg van V reg from Wight Motors new, with service history stamped book.Recent full service and cambelt . Taxed September,  mot mid October. Prins LPG System .Bargain.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 pm

woody wrote:Well I have bought it Gavin. Island reg van V reg from Wight Motors new, with service history stamped book.Recent full service and cambelt . Taxed September,  mot mid October. Prins LPG System. Whacking great mark-up if I can find the right mug.
 Twisted Evil 

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by gavin_hayward Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm

What you looking for it px Hijets?

gavin_hayward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:28 am

Give me a call Gav. 0786 303030 9. Wife and I discussing whether to use it myself and sell her Grand Move and she use my O3 plate LPG MPV but she loves the Grand Move and it only owes me £ 104 with a years mot so not still sure what to do.
Talk to me is the best thing Gav.

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Ventu Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I think the Lombardini engine is a good engine, but here, in italy, we have loads of mechanics that knows how to make it run well, maybe in UK the situation is different.
Lombardini, for what I know, has some counterintuitive settings respect to other diesels.
For sure it is slow.
But if I remember well it is a pre-chambered engine.
Then it can run on vegetable oil without great problems...

El_Ventu
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 am

Bet it does make a good plant equipment engine!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Ventu Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes, a small engine like that can run a co-generator.

Sometime I think I must start to building one...
I've done some plans (expecially in my mind Razz) about a co-generator done with a small diesel engine, to heat and give me the little amount of electricity I use at home...
Maybe a 1400cc lombardini is too big, "fast" and powerful for my purposes, I thought I need a slow diesel, like an andoria S320 or one of the (cheap) old deutz chinese copy from here.

Recovering about all the heat, even from exhaust gases, can be a good chance to heat my home...

But we have the old fucking bureaucratic problems in this f*cking nation.

In italy you can run a genset with vegetable oil without paying taxes on fuel.
But you can't recovering heat from it, without paying taxes.

You can think "ok, just do it!".

No, you can't.
Or... you can, it is legally possible, but an engineer have to calculate and do some measurements on the % of energy goes in electricity and the % that goes in heat (at all the possible engine load/rpm...).
Then you must pay the taxes on the % of heat recovering, but...
But if you need to pay taxes and excises, you must be a "tax filing" (I hope google gave me the right words), in simple words you have to register all the quantity of fuel that enter in your property, with the approved instruments, and the branch of italian police that work on finance have to control you.

Pratically is completely anti economical for small sized co-generators.

El_Ventu
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Good grief talk about Police state. And we moan enough about British taxes. We've been very glad of our wood burner for the past couple winters and a 2.6kva petrol generator for power cuts.

Back in the 80's a friend of mine put a Hilman Imp engine 875cc ( based on the Coventry Climax SOHC engine) with a generator on and plumbed it into the central heating system too so when there was a power cut he had power and heating. Don't know how well the heating worked though. I can't imagine it would have heated more than two or three radiators.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2