Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine swap options for a S85 Hijet with a 1.2 Lombardini diesel

Go down

Engine swap options for a S85 Hijet with a 1.2 Lombardini diesel  Empty Engine swap options for a S85 Hijet with a 1.2 Lombardini diesel

Post by Joël Leander Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am

Hey guys,

I few months ago I bought a S85 Hijet with the 1.2 Lombardini diesel. The engine doesnt work and we have no intentions of getting it to work. We would like to swap it with something else.

Using the search function I have found some people saying the Terios and other related Daihatsu engines fit, but I was wondering if that would also be the case with our Diesel Hijet. I've also seen claims of the 1.0 EJ-DE out of a cuore would fit.

We're both somewhat handy and we're renting a big garage where we work on other cars as well, so we don't really care if it would take long and we wont shy away from a challenge. We're just wondering how doable it is. There is some information on forums, but many of it is dated, pictures have dead links or we find claims with no explanation whatsoever. We are looking to turn it into a parts-getter for our MX5's and a sort of campervan for the holidays.

Here a picture, he's a good boy:
\Engine swap options for a S85 Hijet with a 1.2 Lombardini diesel  Img_2010

Joël Leander

Back to top Go down