Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy?

4 posters

Go down

brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy? Empty brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy?

Post by johnnyboy666 Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

as above, are they all the same? and is there a reasonable priced source to buy from, or is it a case of getting second hand ones?

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy? Empty Re: brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy?

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Why do you need them?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy? Empty Re: brake drums, are they the same on all models? where to buy?

Post by johnnyboy666 Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 pm

I don't need them jusy yet, but a fabricator guy I know said he'll have a look at the possibities of adding a wheel locator flange to one, but if it works, the standard wheel wouldn't fit back on, so I'm just testing the water to see if its worth bothering
(Reason being ive got some 4x108 wheels I'd like to be able to use, and I can't see another way to do it)

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 am

Wondered why myself, that explains it Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

There is a much simplier way called "offset wheel studs" which will give you 108mm pcd they come in a range of fittings and lengths and if you want a locating centre a thin spacer type plate with the centre spigot on will do that and niether option requires permanant modification.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy666 Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 pm

It was my intention to use wobble bolts, but they just aren't safe without a central spigot in my eyes.
A spacer with a spigot would have the same issue, as there is no initial spigot to centre on. Unless the spacer had a spigot going into the drum and into the wheel

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 pm

johnnyboy666 wrote:It was my intention to use wobble bolts, but they just aren't safe without a central spigot in my eyes.
A spacer with a spigot would have the same issue,  as there is no initial spigot to centre on. Unless the spacer had a spigot going into the drum and into the wheel

Locate it on the studs like the standard wheel if you use offset studs they are pressed into the mounting flange and have a shape to them that I cannot remember the name of right this moment to stop them turning when you do the nut up.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy666 Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 am

Do you use these? I can't quite get my head around how they would work

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:02 am

Simply they are dangerous without a fixed centre mounting spigot. I know folk will disagree, but they're not the best idea.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down