Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front shock absorbers. are all models the same?

Go down

front shock absorbers. are all models the same? Empty front shock absorbers. are all models the same?

Post by johnnyboy666 Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 pm

As above, are there any differences between front shocks from a van or pickup or between different engine sizes? Only one ive seen evidence of being different is the 4x4 ones.
But places that sell the shocks tend to have them listed as for specific engine size etc.
Is there anywhere to look up part no's perhaps?
Cheers
John

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

front shock absorbers. are all models the same? Empty Re: front shock absorbers. are all models the same?

Post by johnnyboy666 Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:28 pm

After a bit of digging, i'm slightly more confused
I've found-

Van front 1.0 right 633117 (kyb part no) or 4851087543(possibly daihatsu part no)
Van front 1.0 left 633118 (kyb part no)

I have found the KYB part no's for left and right are the same as the Piaggio Porter for the 1.0

cant seem to find any sign of any shocks for the 1.3s or diesel hijets, but the 1.3 petrol and 1.2 and 1.4 diesel porter shocks are a different part number to the 1.0s but the same as each other

633262(KYB) - left
633261(KYB) - right

BUT it also seems to list these two for the 4x4 models, and I am under the impression that these are different to allow the front driveshafts to fit

Does anybody have any shocks (or photos of shocks) that they could compare?
Its a bit tricky to figure out without buying a load of them!

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down