Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake warning light permanently on.

+2
Logi
rich the mechanic
6 posters

Go down

Brake warning light permanently on. Empty Brake warning light permanently on.

Post by StvC Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi all - been a while.

Finally got round to installing new fuel tank which works so great. Van started first time too after 4 months laid up.
Now I have a brake warning light on though. Fluid level is fine. They don't have pad wearing sensors or anything do they?

Going in for MOT next week, hoping it will go off after I use it a bit and get the system working again after being stood for so long but it's first journey may be to the test station which mean it will fail I guess with a warning light illuminated.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Brake warning light permanently on. Empty Re: Brake warning light permanently on.

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Is the float erm floating when the LSPV leaked on ours the level got low and the float tipped up and got stuck it's only a magnet in a foam float.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Brake warning light permanently on. Empty Re: Brake warning light permanently on.

Post by Logi Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Never seen a Hijet with brake sensors? Rarely see one with brakes..... Wink
I reckon Rich may be on the money
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:04 pm

If there is fluid in the header tank , try removing the float and see if the light goes out.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by P165TER Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm

What does this light look like? I have a light that comes on every now and then. It's the one that looks like a straight question mark. (I can't remember what it's called)

P165TER
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Exclamation mark in red. Manual says, brake warning light, top up fluid.
I figured it must be a fluid level sensor, if it's a float arm that makes sense. Will check and report back.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Just an update, released the top and light went off, so whether the float thingy was stuck to the lid or the lid was on too tight I don't know but all sorted.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:16 pm

You just have to get the fluid level right.

Mine would sometimes come on then go off fairly quickly or it might stay on a long time. It finally got too much so I eventually got it topped up which resolved the problem. However, it had never had an adverse effect on the brakes which was why I thought it might have been an electrical or float problem.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Normally if you have to top up the fluid, it means the front pads are wearing low.

Be careful if you top it up - next time you change the front pads and squeeze the pots back, it might over flow.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down