Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

engine warning light when cornering !!! ???

2 posters

Go down

engine warning light when cornering !!! ??? Empty engine warning light when cornering !!! ???

Post by pww Thu May 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi all, My 1.3 EFI van started showing the red warning light when going around a bend in one direction but not the other (can't remember if it was left or right) but now it stays on constantly. I am guessing the weird cornering effect points to a loose connection which has now failed leaving an open circuit. I have tried joining the terminals on the diagnostic 4-pin connector hoping for a code (thanks to xxemaphorr for that post), all i get is continuous flashing which i understand is no faults registered.
I also believe it could be the MAP or TPS sensor causing this. Does anyone have an opinion on the likely cause?

Thanks in advance

Paul

pww
Clubman

Back to top Go down

engine warning light when cornering !!! ??? Empty Re: engine warning light when cornering !!! ???

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 6:53 pm

The engine management light is orange not red. There are 4 red lights on the dashboard, 3 of them in a row. Oil light first on the left, middle one is brake fluid level, and right hand is Alternator light. 4th one top right corner is your handbrake on warning light.

If it is coming on when you corner I'm guessing you have the middle light on and your brake fluid is low. If that is the case then you need to check out the brakes for leaks. Most likely to be one of the rear wheel cylinders leaking.

Back to top Go down

engine warning light when cornering !!! ??? Empty Re: engine warning light when cornering !!! ???

Post by Logi Thu May 18, 2017 6:59 pm

What Woody said Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by pww Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks Woody. I had the brake lines replaced recently so didn't consider that! Doooohhh!

pww
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 pm

That's good. At least you have got peace of mind now - not worrying about all the nightmare scenario's that you think it could be.
Have you had a chance to go and check the fluid level out?

Back to top Go down

Post by pww Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am

Needed fluid. Happened to a some to hand, topped up and light is now out so at least I know the warning circuit works.
Next job is to check the brake system for leaks. I have to replace the rear exhaust box anyway (again!) so I will have a good look around underneath. Thanks.

pww
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down