Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just bought my first van.

4 posters

Go down

just bought my first van. Empty just bought my first van.

Post by bikerming Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 am

hi everyone,as the title i just bought my first van.dan the van is a '96 1.2 diesel.its not bad nick for a 14 year old van,only a few cosmetics to do.in the next 2 months hopefully i will pass my test!!!i've got a mtb race in scotland in september!!i just love the fact its so small but swallows 2 built mtb's no worries.

bikerming

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi and welcome I see you are another two wheeler there is quite a few of us on here.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

just bought my first van. Empty Re: just bought my first van.

Post by bikerming Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

The only reason im even doing my test is because i bought a book showing all the mtb centres in the uk!got a guy doing some custom stickers for the side of the van!

what bike do you ride?

bikerming

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

I have a Orange P6 that I love but currently I have a custom (home) build badgeless 14"jump frame cos it has a super short wheel base and top tube, big bars and Magura hydralic v's but I don't jump coz I can't Exclamation just cross country.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 am

welcome to the site. good luck on passing test when it comes. passed 2nd time a year and half ago. spent most of last year in the van "learning to drive", this year i will be back on my bike (motor) and van parked up and maybe used on the weekends!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerming Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 am

cheers LP.i took my 1st test 18 years ago,i failed on a disputed manouvre and a week later my examiner was sacked for doing the same thing to other students!!!Since then i've just ridden my bike everywhere.now i have my van im determined to pass!!!I want to be able to go mountain biking across the country.

RTM i ride a Merida full sus,an Engage hardtail and a Saracen road bike.i built both the mtbs up from scratch and luse them for xc marathon racing.more races for me next year when i've passed.

bikerming

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 pm

I entered a race once started last 15 mins late! and finished last 15 mins after everyone else and I have done the Kona 100 and finished somewhere in the middle I don't do DNF's.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

just bought my first van. Empty hello and welcome.....

Post by bones 851 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 pm

another mtb rider in a jet , good to see, ive been mtb for a few years, lucky,or not to live in N/E SCOTLAND,have done a lot of the trails ,love the short Laggan up in dalwinnie . i use my hijet to carry the bikes, last May it managed to carry six bikes up to glen sliachian in skye a tremendous x country run just a wee 55k, and in April this year went up to golspie wild cat, then down to glentress inverleithen, and Ae before returning back to Dundee, the hijet is just so practicle for the job, managed to use it to sleep in and have insulated it for spring and autum overnighters, hope you have as many happy trips as we have , where u heading to in scotland .......bones 851
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerming Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 pm

i'm doing the Kielder 100 in september and i know thats in england but the course crosses the border and then back.i hope to fit in some ridin around the 7 staines.how do you guys stack or stand your bikes in the back?

bikerming

Back to top Go down

just bought my first van. Empty bikes in van

Post by bones 851 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 pm

hi bikerming, usually carry just 2 bikes , no wheels removed, straight into van front wheels facing each other, pushed tight to each side, room for third bike in middle, side bikes fastned with luggage ties front and rear on grab handles on roof, its the mpv i have, then use a snake tie through back wheels fastened to the rear seat anchors. i also have a fork harness which can be bolted into seating mounts, this means removing wheels,it was made for me by the father inlaw can have 2 bikes facing 1 way 2 facing the other, then roof box for wheels and skid lids, also use 3 bike carrier on rear, when we turn up at the trails people are amazed at the amount we carry for such a small van, the wee jet still drives very well, but fuel does go down a bit,however it saves mates taking all there own cars and we carry the bikes and they follow in another 1 car,

if you go on e-bay u can see car/van , bike anchors for sale quite expensive, a friend bought one for his fiesta estate and the father inlaw made a bigger version to take 2 sets of forks also made to measure to fit in when rear seats removed, ,bones 851
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:55 pm

as you have been riding for a while, you already know all the road positioning, signs etc so when you learn to drive, all you'll be doing is learning to operate the tin can, the rest you already know.

i did a 10 hour intensive course and passed.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bikerming Fri May 28, 2010 12:42 am

get in!!!,passed my test on wednesday afternoon.took the girlfriend straight out for a drive in the van.i love driving the van and can't wait to load the bikes up and go off to a trail centre.

bikerming

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 am

congrats mate. they are fun wee vans to drive. spent the first year driving after my test to add confidence/experience to being in a tin can. this year i am back on my bike! i felt like it was being neglected last year!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri May 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Congratulations on passing Cool
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down