Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changing front seats, numb bum

5 posters

Go down

changing front seats, numb bum Empty changing front seats, numb bum

Post by bones 851 Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 pm

just done another few miles in the wee jet at the weekend, golspie way up the black isle N/E scotland, spent about 4 hours getting there, worth it in the end magnificent mountain bike route, nice x country and technical down hill, anyway, has anybody thought about changing the front seats in there van, i know the guy from canada has, however ive never heard of the vehicle he took them out of never mind find one, anybody thought about it or done so, i thought of buying extra foam and recovering, but that just does'nt seem right
any views folks...... bones 851, ps BMW X5, AUDI A4, AND PORCHE 911 DRIVERS seem very annoyed somehow at being overtaken by hijets, and appear to do what ever it takes to re-overtake at stupid speeds and blind corners, must be a penis thing ha! ha! ha!
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

changing front seats, numb bum Empty Re: changing front seats, numb bum

Post by large519 Mon May 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Seen pics on daihatsu forum, of someone in another country had fitted honda crx seats, didn't say anything about whether the fitted stright onto the original runners though.
large519
large519
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm

A mate has put some after market reclining bucket seats in his and he just fastened the orignal runners to the seat and wham bam thankyou mam!!!
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 am

overtook a muscle car a few weeks ago. he was doing 50 in a 60 on an A road! as i am sailing past i start laughing!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

changing front seats, numb bum Empty re-seat change...

Post by bones 851 Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm

cheers folks, will take out front passenger seat and give it a measure, then scower the scrap yard, see what i can come up with, planning a trip down to the borders mid june, another 4-5 hours, if i have'nt found alternative seat/s will need to think about puting the padded shorts on, ha! ha!, i will have to adjust myself to the muscle car syndrome lp mentioned, but see how many i pass without them becoming annoyed!!!!!!. used to get a lot of this by volvo drivers when out on my wee suzuki bike, thought i this would have changed being on four wheels....... ah well keep on rollin Bones 851.....
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am

I did a night rally in mine a couple of weeks ago, and actually kept up with the proper rally cars!!!!!
A guy in an Ignis sport thing said something like "I cant keep up with him" Twisted Evil

Back to the subject, the stock seats are shocking. I've tried some EK civic seats but the bottom was too thick so my thighs were touching the steering wheel and my eyes were above the windscreen. CRX seats are much thinner, i've done loads of honda screwing and i'd put my money on them being good. Proper CRX mind you not a delsol, pre 1992 jobbie.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down