Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats

4 posters

Go down

LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats Empty LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats

Post by sammyboy Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 am

With the help of you good people, I bought a 993 MPV in Nov 2011, and have loved it for over a year now. I bought myself a set of rear seats (it came without any), and have also got a folding sofa/bed, and have thoroughly enjoyed taking it to festivals and stealth camping, as well as moving a double bed, a Chesterfield sofa, two pianos, several tables and all sorts of other things besides.

The one I got was pretty high mileage, and is now on 107k miles, though still running like clockwork with no issues, but I can't help thinking it won't go on forever. It came with no rear seats and no carpet, the drivers seat is mullered, and now I'm doing more miles (120 mile round trip 3 days a week), both the seating situation and the fuel cost are somewhat unsatisfactory.

My ideal solution to the fuel cost would be an LPGed one; there seem to be plenty of LPG vans, but I haven't really seen LPG MPVs; do they exist? It would nearly halve my approximately £60 a week commuting fuel bill.

On the seat comfort issue, I'm wondering about a set of leather seats from a Saab 93. They're very comfortable and not too wide (I'd have to measure to be sure), and I have a spare set of front seats and hence engine covers, so I can cut those about whilst till using the van. Anyone tried those, and are there any other recommendations other than SMART seats (which I'd certainly consider as well)?

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats Empty Re: LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats

Post by Logi Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats Empty Re: LPG MPVs, and Alternative Front Seats

Post by Logi Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Dinner late, Logi?
Not sure what the 3rd one's on about
Diver and passenger seats in black with a scratch deign.
- is it a 'scratch down' or 'scratch design'? Also, where the heck would the diver end up Question

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Well would you look at that, I got a set of SMART car seats for £27!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-seats-/140910461357?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=XBFD0yo5A2fFQL890AOSWwIe0ok%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks Gents, I didn't think I could afford seats just yet, but at that price, I was 'aving them.

It has got me thinking, though, that since my wagon is getting a little long in the tooth, maybe when it does get a major issue, I'll take it off the road and pimp it out......

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Bloody bargain!! Now all you need is a hammer Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Logi wrote:Now all you need is a hammer Wink

Got one of those, AND a spare set of engine covers, so I won't be too terrified of doing it.....

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:23 pm

What a bastard!!! They are a total bargain at £26.99!!!!!

Best colour available except for the leather ones.

I am very jealous.

If you don't collect them tell him i'll have them!!!!!!

They are pretty easy to fit, you'll need some nuts and bolts, a drill and some bits, and of course a nice medium to large hammer for the drivers side Twisted Evil

And don't forget a couple of hours patience.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyboy Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 am

I think I've got all of those things. Leather would have been nice, but these will look perfect in situ I think, and I'm definitely picking them up! I just got lucky.

sammyboy
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down