Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics)

4 posters

Go down

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) Empty Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics)

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 pm

" Well I thought it was about time I made a start on my 1600 Hi-Jet Tipper Project so decided to bring the Engine over to the workshop today. I used to carry 2000 OHC Ford engines like this in my younger days but it seems that a 1600 Daihatsu engine is about the best I can do these days. Poor Old Git".

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) P6212710

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) P6212711

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) P6212712

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) P6212713

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) P6212714
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics) Empty Re: Gran Hijet moves (Woody's pics)

Post by PFM Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Looks like you got a good-looking mate to hold the lump for you! Bet he couldn't have carried it very far Very Happy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:02 pm

I flippin did Peter. I lifted it out of my MPV and carried it 25 odd yards up to where Alan took the picture of me as some bright spark of a customer left his locked car in my access. Pillock !!!
And then I put it down on the Garage floor. I may look as old as Logi but theres a strong virile body under all that saggy skin I can tell you.
Mind you in light of all the Revelations about Logi ---I dont know whether that is a compliment or an insult .lol!  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Have you ever heard of such a thing known as a "sack truck" Wink

They are a preventative measure to things such as hernia's and back injuries Laughing

P.s. you'll find that little light 1.6 H series is way more manly than an old Ford rattle can.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 pm

DOH! I forgot they were YOUR pics, not Rich's! LOL Respect, doubt I'd have even been able to lift it despite my tender (in comparison) years.

(Not sure about the fact you're smiling and holding it in that fashion tho Very Happy)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:18 am

HighlyJetted wrote:Have you ever heard of such a thing known as a "sack truck" Wink

They are a preventative measure to things such as hernia's and back injuries Laughing

P.s. you'll find that little light 1.6 H series is way more manly than an old Ford rattle can.

Sack truck ? SACK TRUCK ? They are for WIMPS. Mind you Wimps dont get bad backs and hernias. At least they have
got some sense. ME ?????? Not a chance. Always been a show off. My strength and antics with engines and cars are legendry down here. In a Pub in Chale Green they had an Anvil that was just inside the door and unsuspecting visitors were
challenged to lift it and then the locals "volunteered me to show them up by picking it up and putting it on the bar and it usually took 2 or 3 to lift it down again. On those occasions my Pints of cider were plentiful and free.

And the thing is I have never hurt my back doing these stupid " showing off stunts" or working --- I could take the Ford V6 Essex or Cologne engines out by hand easily and they go over 300lbs.

Its always been handy having that reputation -- because seldom do people fail to pay their bill- only 5 customers in 33 years. Not a bad record really.

Right,2-15am and I am off to bed--- with my Hernia strap, walking stick and packet of Tramadols and Diazepams:lol!:confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 am

PFM wrote:DOH! I forgot they were YOUR pics, not Rich's! LOL Respect, doubt I'd have even been able to lift it despite my tender (in comparison) years.

(Not sure about the fact you're smiling and holding it in that fashion tho Very Happy)

I think it was something Alan said when he took the picture that made me laugh, but its not repeatable on here--- Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Matt you've never tried to pick up a transit V4 then I nearly put my mates back out when the two of us lifted one I had bought out of the back of a Renault 19.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 pm

I reckon yer just balancing it with your hands, youre holding it up wi yer knob?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:34 pm

No sadly can't own up to that Logi. My only endowment in life has been my ludicrous strength from childhood onwards. That and a lack of humility.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 pm

rich the mechanic wrote:Matt you've never tried to pick up a transit V4 then I nearly put my mates back out when the two of us lifted one I had bought out of the back of a Renault 19.

Being over weight isn't my measure of manly-ness, but maybe that because i'm a scrawny toe rag
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down