Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a new radiator

3 posters

Go down

Fitting a new radiator Empty Fitting a new radiator

Post by David Estall Wed May 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello all, I've just bought a 1997 Hijet EFI MPV (1000cc) to take on a rally around Ireland in October.

The only major problem (other than not having any back seats) is the radiator has a hole in it. Now I don't think I've got the skills to fix it, but I reckon I can replace it, so I was thinking of buying a new radiator. The quotes I've had from Daihatsu dealers are all £300+ however I've seen a radiator on BuyPartsBy for approx. £100 but I see it's manufactured by a third party, Nissens.

So my question is, does anyone here have experience of BuyPartsBy, or Nissens parts, and is this a sensible option?

Hope you can help.

Cheers,
David

David Estall

Back to top Go down

Fitting a new radiator Empty Re: Fitting a new radiator

Post by leopard_pagan Wed May 12, 2010 7:26 pm

no experience with them. but i guess so long as the brackets and hoses line up.. should be ok
also look in to getting the hijet rad refurbished... as leat you know its a straight swap.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I looked in to a re core on my rad and it was £90 to me and I get trade discount I did find one on ebay for £40 and a drive to bristol from essex but was still cheaper than a re core Then I found it developed a small hole on the back and I soldered it up with plumbers solder and its all good now, but see if you can see whats wrong as a repair can be loads cheaper if thats all it needs.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down