Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting new radiator. Blocked system ??

Go down

Fitting new radiator. Blocked system ?? Empty Fitting new radiator. Blocked system ??

Post by rededfred Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello fellow Hijet owners.
I have ordered a new radiator for my 1996 993 petrol Hijet and want to flush the system through before refitting.
I joined the top radiator hose to the bottom pipe and filled it up from the passenger seat filler point and started it up.
I have just fitted a brand new water pump as well and thought that the system would get hot and circulate the water round at a sort of even temperature. It does not get the hoses at the bottom hot and seems to be blocked by something. I did this with the thermostat removed.
I also took the air bleed valve off the heater matrix to see if it was blocked. It was blocked and is now clean.
Before refitting the bleed valve I tried to get water or air to come out through the heater matrix valve but nothing comes out.
Should the water flow freely round the system or am I doing something wrong ?
The engine runs lovely after starting but within 5 mins or so it starts hunting and revving up and down by itself. I took one of the little pipes of the injection manifold and it seems to calm down. It is not a fix as the pipe hisses out air that smells of petrol.
Any help for these problems would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Paul.

Last edited by rededfred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)

rededfred

Back to top Go down