Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original.

2 posters

Go down

Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original. Empty Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original.

Post by David Devon Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 am

Got a new back box for my 993 mpv good price from an online company ,I gave them the vehicle reg.And they assured me.......... Anyway ,the old back box has two ovalish flat plates at each end of the silencer which fit either end of the cat unifying the two parts.Joining the cat and the box in this way I suppose puts less strain on the pipe welds where they enter box and cat.This is the same on my 993 van as well.The new back box does not have these plates ,other than that I think it is the same and will fit . I say think because it is still shrink wrapped incase I have to return it.Finally, The question,have I got the wrong back box or has some manufacturer decided the plates joining box to cat is overkill? Happy new year! Thanks,David.

David Devon

Back to top Go down

Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original. Empty Re: Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original.

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 am

Some have the m some don't!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original. Empty 993 exhaust.

Post by David Devon Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 am

Many thanks,I'll fit it.All the best,David.

David Devon

Back to top Go down

Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original. Empty Re: Bought new 993 mpv exhaust, its different from the original.

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 am

For better or for worse who knows.

It''ll definitely be cheaper to make it that way.

If you were Ferrari you'd call it weight saving.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down