Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What micro vans/trucks are there?

4 posters

Go down

What micro vans/trucks are there? Empty What micro vans/trucks are there?

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm

What other micro/small vans/trucks are there out in the big blue yonder?
i am looking to add new sections to the forum but i have limited knowledge of whats out there.
id like to "umbrella" the sections eg
Suzuki Carry, Super Carry under one section.
Rascal in one as 2 manufactures made it

so.. can you lot help me add to the list?
Daihatsu Hijet/Porter
Suzuki Carry/Super Carry
Rascal (Bedford/Vauxhall)
Kei--??? expand on description?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

What micro vans/trucks are there? Empty Re: What micro vans/trucks are there?

Post by SkippyGLI Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I was a bit bored this afternoon............................

The Daihatsu Hijet is a microvan and pickup truck produced by the Japanese automaker Daihatsu. Despite the similarities between the Hijet name and Toyota's naming scheme for its trucks and vans (Hiace and Hilux), the name "Hijet" has been in use for Daihatsu's Kei trucks and vans since at least the 1970s, over two decades before Toyota took control. "Hijet", when transliterated into Japanese, is very similar to "Midget", one of Daihatsu's other mini-trucks. The Hijet competes in Japan with the Honda Acty, Subaru Sambar, Mitsubishi Minicab, and the Suzuki Carry.

Available engines for 2006 include the DVVT equipped 660 cc EF-VE, making 39 kW (52 hp) at 7000 rpm and 63 N·m (46 lb·ft) of torque at 4000 rpm, and the 660 cc EF-SE, making 33 kW (44 hp) at 5900 rpm and 57 N·m (42 lb·ft) of torque at 3600 rpm. The base model is mid-engine, rear drive, but four-wheel drive versions are available.

In Japan, a more luxury version of the Hijet is known as the Daihatsu Atrai, which is also powered by a 660 cc Turbo engine producing 64 bhp (48 kW).

A Kei truck, or Japanese mini truck is a tiny but practical pickup truck available in RWD or 4WD version, built to satisfy the Japanese keijidōsha (軽自動車) statutory class of light vehicles. They are known as Keitora (軽トラ) in Japan alongside with their van version twins known as microvan.

The Kei truck class specifies a maximum size and displacement, greatly increased since legislation first enabled the type in 1949. The 1998 law admits a maximum length of 11 ft (3.4 m), a maximum width of 58 in (1.48 m) and a maximum height of 78 in (2.0 m) with a maximum displacement of 660 cc. They weigh about 1500 lbs (700 kg), and when ungoverned can reach up to 75 mph (120 km/h).

Typical manufacturers and model names include: Subaru Sambar, Suzuki Carry, Honda Acty, Mazda / Autozam Scrum, Mitsubishi Minicab, and Daihatsu Hijet.

The Kia Bongo is a similar vehicle of Korean origin. and Daewoo and Asia(Kia) produced rebadged Suzuki Carry/Every and Daihatsu Hijet Van as Daewoo Labo/Damas, and Asia/Kia Towner

A microvan is a van that fits into Japanese kei car classification or similar. In certain regions, these models are inexpensive and widely used for small business because of tax and insurance benefits; for example, in Japan they are exempted from a certification that there is adequate parking available for the vehicle.

In China, these vehicles are nicknamed mian bao che ("bread loaf van") because of their shape.[1], in a similar fashion, in several Latin American countries these vehicles are called Pan de Molde, which means "bread loaf".

Most microvans have two swinging front doors, two sliding rear doors and a large tailgate. Seating can vary from two to nine (up to four in Kei car regulation); these seats are usually very thin and vertical to optimise room. The side windows in commercial-only versions of microvans are replaced by metallic panels. Some models also feature pickup truck variants with one or two seat rows. Engines usually have displacements under 1.0 litres; for example, Japanese microvans have a limit of 660 cc. Out of Japanese market, the microvan also available from 850 cc to 1.6 litres engine.

The kei car regulation is used only in Japan, though other Asian automakers also design microvans with similar characteristics. The microvan are commonly known as Kei one box in Japan alongside with their pick-up version twins know as Kei truck.

What micro vans/trucks are there? 800px-2001_Subaru_Sambar_01

What micro vans/trucks are there? 800px-2005_Suzuki_Every_01

What micro vans/trucks are there? 800px-Daihatsu_Midget_II_Cargo_001

What micro vans/trucks are there? 800px-Honda_Actyvan_1998

What micro vans/trucks are there? 800px-Mitsubishi_Minicab_001

What micro vans/trucks are there? Hijet-cargo
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:04 pm

mines nicknamed "Hovis"...
nice find.. fingers been a Googling i see. :0P

when we get the new site up, i'll be adding a page to each manufacture of van/truck and build on those pages.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:31 pm

There is also the Subaru 650 & it's replacement the Sumo. Both 4wd & lots of fun.
I owned the 650 years ago, it had a 2 cylinder engine mounted behind the rear axle (like a Porsche) Laughing
I used to take ours offroad daily when I took the dogs out & it never once got stuck. Smile[img]What micro vans/trucks are there? Sumo4[/img][img]What micro vans/trucks are there? Sumoeng[/img]

Last edited by kentgpz11 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding pics.)
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiman Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Pics of my Sambar in the pictures thread. cheers
660cc, RWD ,Supercharged, aircon, Auto box, currently waiting to have new oil seals fitted. Just waiting on the guy having workshop space.
Keiman
Keiman

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm

ittttssssss aliiiiiive.. @ Kei man.
hows the wee van going? had some problems a few months back, sorted now?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiman Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Still got the oil seals to do as posted before your reply.
Can't get the stuff to fix my sliding door handle.
Other than that it's running fine. Have been very busy doing other things and going to at least 2 subaru club meets a month either in Sammi or in my little Subaru R2 - same engine as the Sambar but looks a bit like " Honey who shrunk the Justy"

What micro vans/trucks are there? Th_q2lrMwW0KGrHgoOKisEjlLmIUKBBKrtKZ7n
Keiman
Keiman

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 am

what stuff are you after for the door handle?
one side i used Plastex (google it) the other side i used wire wound round!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down