Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new micro vans are sold in Europe?

+2
waz
manoka
6 posters

Go down

What new micro vans are sold in Europe? Empty What new micro vans are sold in Europe?

Post by manoka Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Hello,
As I'm looking for a new micro van, I hope you don't mind if I'm not yet one of the actual owners.
I was looking for new micro vans sold in Europe, and so far was only able to find the Porter from Piaggio.
To be more precise, I'm looking for one with between 3,6 and 3,9 m length and a load space length of preferably a minimum of 1,9 m length.
Possible models, though probably not sold in Europe or not produced anymore, are the:
- Suzuki Every Landy/E-RV or
- Maruti Versa,
- Perodua Rusa,
- Daihatsu Atrai Seven,
- Mitsubishi Town Box Wide
Alternatively, what about importing such a car to Europe?
I'm currently living in Portugal, thus left-hand drive would be preferred.
I would also like to use it as a mini-motorhome.

Many thanks in advance!
manoka

manoka

Back to top Go down

What new micro vans are sold in Europe? Empty Re: What new micro vans are sold in Europe?

Post by waz Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Manoka, have a look on ebay. There is a firm in the Channel Islands that is importing the Suzuki type from China. Type in suzuki carry and it sude come up. The range looks good and prices start at £6 grand + tax.

Waz
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

What new micro vans are sold in Europe? Empty Re: What new micro vans are sold in Europe?

Post by PFM Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 am

I found that ebay ad a few days back. Went to look for it to post up but can't find it on there now!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

There was a company at a waste management show I was at in Scotland who were selling microvans to councils. Can't remember what they were called, i'll see if I can find the brochure.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:06 pm

http://www.dfmuk.com

Ah, you're not in the UK. Whether or not they're available nearer to you I don't know.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm

If you go to the sedgemoor area you will see loads of micro vans/pickups working in council clothes.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by manoka Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:35 pm

8bit-ash wrote:There was a company at a waste management show I was at in Scotland who were selling microvans to councils. Can't remember what they were called, i'll see if I can find the brochure.
I think Piaggio is constructing them with all sorts of special equipment (www.piaggioporter.co.uk).

The one from DFSK is just about the size I'm looking for. Unfortunately they build them only as commercial vehicles. I would like to use it also as a RV, and thus would prefer it with side windows in the rear and possibly at least two back-seats - plenty of ground clearance would be useful too, if not an AWD, not to mention left-hand drive.

I'm probably not going to buy one before some time next year, so I will still be open for more suggestions.

Many thanks for all your posts!

manoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluchip Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:27 am

Hi,

This is the site you are probably looking for :-

(type in Islander Minivans in to Google)

We are the Channel Island importer and distributor for them.
We are based in Guernsey.

We are only allowed to sell on the Islands, so you'd
have to pop over and collect it.

Based on the 1999 - 2006 Suzuki Carry - they are on
par with the Hijet / Porters of this world.

Cheap and cheerful little van - have had my demonstrator
since December 2010 and it's been faultless up until now,
hence the reason we have decided to go live with them and
sell to the public.

I have 6 arriving (all pre sold) early December.

I've imported lots of things from China in the past - it's
normally junk, but DFSK have a tie up with the likes of
Honda / Nissan / Kia / Citroen / Peugeot, so the quality
is the best i've ever seen and for the price, we are
more than happy with it.

All the info you need is on our website. I am unable
to post links at this time - so you will have to Google us.

Regards

Jamie Lowe

Bluchip Vehicle Imports / Islander Minivans

Bluchip

Back to top Go down

Post by manoka Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks!

At the moment I'm most interested in the Mitsubishi Minicab-MiEV, but am waiting as it has been announced that the quality of the battery will be improved and the price is going to drop considerably.
If the DFSK Minivan can be ordered with an electric drive-train, with a regenerative brake, as a left-hand drive and configured for right-hand traffic, then please let me know.

Cheers

manoka

manoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluchip Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

There is a lead acid and lithium version of the DFSK vans - but i can't comment on them as we
have decided not to import them at this stage - we are running with the petrol versions
only for the time being. See how sales go with the petrol versions - then look to electric in t
the future. Cheers

Bluchip

Back to top Go down

Post by manoka Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 pm

While I would be willing to compromise as far as the left-hand drive and configuration for right-hand traffic go, a regenerative brake would be an absolute must.

manoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down