Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck indicator switch

2 posters

Go down

Stuck indicator switch Empty Stuck indicator switch

Post by PFM Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Had a weird one today - my driver spent ages doing right-hand turns as the indicator stalk would only go to central and turn right positions, but the right-hand indicators were going continuously!

Got the toolbox out this afternoon - steering wheel nut was very tight, but then wheel came off very easily, no hammer required. Multifunction switch came off with 2 screws and then the fun began. Turns (sorry) out that releasing the circuit board behind the wiper switch reveals a slider that makes the electrical connections, pushed by a peg on the end of the indicator arm (which goes all round the steering column and has the self-cancelling bit on it too). Somehow the slider had got away from the peg, so stopping the peg and the arm from moving properly. In the end, easily fixed (OK, about an hour and 2 mugs of coffee) but I can't work out how it happened in the first place - anyone else had this?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Stuck indicator switch Empty Re: Stuck indicator switch

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm

No but mine wouldn't work on left turns.

Its a pretty simple little switch mechanism when you get it apart.

Typical high quality Daihatsu stuff inside Laughing
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down