Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Web Site name .co.uk

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:04 pm

none of the mags talk about my bike any more lol.. too old! its also why i dont bother with bikes shows like the NEC/old Ally Pally. forget anything that was made in the last 8-10 years.
my info comes from a lot of people who fit older CBR6 shocks to my model for road and race, i need the dog bones as the CBR6 shock will lift the seat height. i am 5ft sod all and thats a no-no for me. dog bones will bring seat height back to its original place. both bits of kit i can get from a chap called Graeme France (BEMSEE 400 & 600 racer) what that man doesnt know about NC23/NC29s isnt worth knowing, but his pricing is also high!
the options i am looking at are re-con a shock or buy another 2nd hand one from a newer less mileage bike and fit that for this summer!
got a list as long as my arm work wise for my bike this winter. i have no excuses not to do it as its parked in my sitting room!!!
HID system needs moving/re-wiring, my 6yr old (before it was the norm) LED brake/indicator lights need re-designing/building etc, dash needs repairing (good ol Plastex), + other bits n bobs. having ridden it every day for the last 8 years in all weathers, its long over due for TLC! only learnt how to drive a year ago.. when i bought the Hijet :0)
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Web Site/Domain name name?

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Try ABE (all bike engineering) in greenwich they do a proper job they also do replate and grinds on fork legs so can properly recon a rod, What hapens to a lot of rebuilt shocks is they get a look over and only replace the least amount of bits which is normally just the seal then the rod which is usually the cause of the seal failiure just causes it again. If you can find a second hand Hagon shock for your bike we rebuild them for a bit over £100 and replace all the internals and just for good measure give it a full 2 year warrenty on it.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Tuk Tuk Forks

Post by Tukz Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 pm

On about bikey stuff........................ Anyone know where I can get some forks made up to my spec as the fork seals have gone on mine and as it's Thailand rubbish I don't know what they are nor have I ever stripped a set of forks etc.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Tuk Tuk Forks

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 pm

again ABE or try maxton they are nearer you and do custom springing and alike but by all account not cheap never delt with them just by there reputation.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

Post by SkippyGLI Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 am

You think you've got problems with a CBR400??? Try a CX500 or even a 650 version.... Decent spares are so tight these days, we've even started manufacturing our own Very Happy Very Happy

I have'nt used ABE for fork rechorming, but a couple of mates have and recommend them. I used a firm called 'Philpotts' who seem to be the dominant force in this particular field. Their website is www.pittedforks.co.uk. GL650 Silverwing fork stantions are not available anymore off the shelf, even from Honda. So my only option was to have mine refurb'd. They did a very nice job - charging £220 door to door delivery - but they lost one part of the forks, which they paid for, but it was annoying.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Might it be easier/cheaper to convert it to use forks of something else, then you will be able to obtain replacement parts easily. If you got custom items and then bent them in a bump you'd be crying!

I dont know bike models very well but something like a big goldwing etc? Aquire the complete yolks, forks, front wheel and spindle. Then you know that if you need fork seals, wheel bearings, pads etc you can just order goldwing ones.

I had an old 1982 yamaha DT, but most parts were discontinued. So it ended up with early 1990's xt350 front forks wheel yolks etc, 1995 dtr back wheel caliper disk etc, yam RD engine gearbox carb etc.... and a load of paperwork so I could remember what was what. My 97' cb500 was a doddle for getting bits, even the chip shop had parts.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I like your line of thinking HJ, except Mould wing stuff also cost a fortune............... Probably cheaper just to buy another bike lol Smile As it is I might be moving onto three wheels again soon, due to a change in circumstances (impending loss of lower left leg). I already possess a bit of kit christend the 'quike' by friends, which is an aftermarket bolt on stablisation system for bikes - same kinda idea as the stabilisors on a kids bike - except a lot heavier engineering;

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 QuikeInPrep

As you can see the rear driving wheel of the bike is retained, so it isn't quite a trike and it isn't quite a quad - so it's a Quike! The picture shows the kit - which actually comes off in less than two minutes, reverting the machine to a solo - fitted to my 650. I'm currently refurbishing a 500 in the little spare time that I have so that I can transfer the conversion kit over to it. I'm going to fit it with a Klick-a-tronic gear change device and ride it for the summer and then probably part company with it later in the year.

Talking of conversions, has anybody seen a Hijet with a hand clutch fitted?? I'm pondering on fitting one that is either mounted on top of the gear lever, motorbike style, or a radial bar system operated by my right hand mounted underneath the steering wheel. I like my little waggon to much to part company with it and nobody builds anything like it with an auto box (yet)......
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I've thought about a hand clutch on my gearstick a few times, should be an easy little job, although hill starts might take a bit of thining about as you'd have one hand on the gearstick/clutch while trying to take the E brake off. Solution, grow another arm.

Does your quike lean over or is it upright like a quad/trike?

Surely thats now a quadracycle thus can be driven on a car licence. Why did I bother doing my bike test??
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll - Page 2 Empty Web Site/Domain name name?

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi for the van conversion why not put a second hand clutch on the hand brake for the hill starts and the bike forks if you use something else as a donor keep a check on year make and model we get a number of come backs every year as bits don't fit where people have changed them and don't know what they've got and talk about rare parts my Yam SRX6 was only a official import for 2 years and fifth gear is made of chocolate hence its been in bits for the last 5 years I spoke to one of my regulars from france and he laughed coz there all like that and you can't get the bits over there where they hadf them for years and have a race seris for them! scratch

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 pm

To fit a hand clutch to a Hijet, the easiest way is to use a brake lever from a mountain bike. A motorcycle brake/clutch lever is a bit big. We used a 3 finger bmx brake actually and it was easy enough to pull the clutch in and out. I would suggest using a new cable for the clutch made of slightly thinner wire. It made ours seem alot easier to pull and yet was still strong enough for the job. Hope this helps!!.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 pm

"Surely thats now a quadracycle thus can be driven on a car licence. Why did I bother doing my bike test??"
>> bike in pic is registered as a motorcycle and you'd need a bike licence to ride it.

its only 100% 3 wheel trikes that can be used on a car licence.. or for the oldy-woldy bikers.. on their bike licence.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 am

Erm, excuse me but this is suppost to be a hijet forum people!!!! I'll be damned, the bizare machines that turn up here are fantastic. Seems the hijet is just the start of ones madness. It's why there are so many daft folk here that willingly pay good money to sign up for the donor club, here you go mate, strap this between your legs and see if its powerful enough.

But is it still a motorcycle? It may still have its old v5 from its two wheeled history, that doesn't make it worth the paper its wrote on. Its certainly isn't a L6e or L7e quad as its too powerful, neither is it a motorcycle or tricycle. Hmmm? I think its technically a car and requires a msva as its "radically altered" as the dvla so kindly put it. People with a disability can get their conversion re-registered for free I believe. Personally I would claim ignorance to this entire issue and ride the crazy machine, probally with the wind in my hair.

Category L3e -
Motorcycle - Two wheel, without a sidecar with an internal combustion engine capacity greater than 50cm3 and/or a maximum speed greater than 45km/h.

Category L4e -
Motorcycle - Two wheel, with a sidecar with an internal combustion engine capacity greater than 50cm3 and/or a maximum speed greater than 45km/h.

Category L5e -
Motor Tricycle - Three wheels, symmetrically arranged with an internal combustion engine capacity greater than 50cm3 and/or a maximum speed greater than 45km/h.

Category L6e -
Light quadricycle - Four wheels, with a maximum unladen mass of 350kg (not including the mass of the batteries in an electrically powered vehicle), a maximum speed of 45km/h, a maximum spark ignition internal combustion engine capacity of 50cm3, or maximum power of any other internal combustion engine of 4kW or maximum electric motor power of 4kW. The construction requirements are those for a three wheel moped unless otherwise specified in a particular Directive.

Category L7e -
Quadricycle - Four wheels, with a maximum unladen mass of 400kg or 550kg for a goods carrying vehicle (not including the mass of the batteries in an electrically powered vehicle) and a maximum net power, whatever the type of engine or motor, of 15kW. The construction requirements are those for a motor tricycle unless otherwise specified in a particular Directive.

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : organised :))
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 pm

back on subject...

good timing, i already have 2 web sites with this lot & is who i was going to use again for the main site (when the poll ends).
http://www.streamline.net/web-hosting/power-hosting/
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:02 am

That looks pretty good, its got enough sql db's, and it allows php etc. I'm also very keen on the £50 google adwords voucher, that could bring alot of new traffic to the site and improve the site natural ranking due to traffic.

What the actuall account management and functionallity is like I don't know, but unlimited traffic sounds good... as long as other account holders arn't running epic sites and stealing all the bandwidth.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi there,

I've just found your forum from a link on the daihatsu owners club forum. I'm currently looking at purchasing a Hi-jet because it's about the only vehicle that will fit on my narrow driveway properly and still allow me to get out of it! Anyhow I couldn't help but notice this thread as web hosting is an area I'm quite familar with, I run www.oblivionstate.com which is hosted using http://fasthostingdirect.com/ and I throughly recommend them. unlimited space, unlimited databases, unlimited bandwidth, and the industry standard cpanel account management. You can setup a PHPbb based forum with two mouseclicks. In over a year we've only have about half a day of downtime and the forum's always loaded pretty quickly, and you can back the whole thing up with two clicks of the mouse.

I think you should call it www.mvo.co.uk - mvo meaning micro van owners. Short URLs are easier to remember Wink

Hopefully if I purchase one of these pretty unique vans this might become a regualar hangout for me, until then I'll leave you with those suggestions.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:13 am

Shame all the three letter domain names went along time ago Sad

good luck on the hijet hunt Mike
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am

Tardisvan.co.uk

ratovan.co.uk (blackadder anyone?)
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

righto... Microvanowners it is then.

will get things rolling this eve when i get home.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2