Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one...

+3
melboy
Logi
HighlyJetted
7 posters

Go down

Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one... Empty Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one...

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one... Imag1013
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one... Empty Re: Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one...

Post by Logi Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I'd have killed for that bodykit for my old van, woulda covered up the rust great Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one... Empty Re: Only 15 left MOT'd and I've got one...

Post by melboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:26 pm

well done hj welcome to the club the parts for it are a night mare congrats.lol! 
melboy
melboy
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Ahh but you get central locking!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by melboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 am

mine dont work at all.What a Face
melboy
melboy
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 pm

So are you going to break it and make it only 14 left? Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Need to have a proper look in day light... Looks pretty good in the dark lol
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 am

HighlyJetted wrote:Need to have a proper look in day light... Looks pretty good in the dark lol
I'll second that...........it was dark when I first met my Mrs lol!

Last edited by oldie on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Well now it runs again!

I forgot how lovely a 3 cylinder CB engine sounds.

Proper hearty growl I tell the.

So far from the inspection:-

needs rear inner arches welding
lost its brake fluid somewhere
indicators flash too quickly
coolant system need attention
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Given the coolant system some attention. The seller said the head gasket had been done pretty recently, and it had a dashboard fan switch Rolling Eyes 

After running it earlier I found the coolant system did not pressurise and coolant was purging into the header tank.

So what I have done is pressure test it, finding both caps were leaking, and a hose clip on the thermostat housing leaking. I tidied out the metal pipe where the radiator cap fits, so now the seal points are clean and purposeful - I have a great little grinding tip for my drill which fits in there perfectly, along with a rotary wire brush to clean out all the rust. I have replaced the caps with some good second hand ones I have, then refilled it with fresh coolant using the pressure bleed method.

Now I have just come back in from running it, the fan kicks in on its own, the coolant pipes get hard and hold pressure, heaters are hot, and coolant is not purging into the header tank. Wink 

So next I will make the brakes work, and fix the indicator flash rate, change a couple of bulbs then put it in for an MOT fail. If they just fail it on welding work and minor issues I will get my dad to weld up the rear arches and get an MOT on it.

Then I will lend it to my mate who has a drive any car traders policy, and see how well the coolant system works. Once it doesn't boil up and/or overheat, I will sell it.

The bodywork and interior are in very nice condition, and generally the mechanics are all very good for such an old example. It has nice clean oil in it and looks to have been pretty well cared for in its life.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Well now it runs again!

I forgot how lovely a 3 cylinder CB engine sounds.

Proper hearty growl I tell the.

So far from the inspection:-

1 needs rear inner arches welding
2 lost its brake fluid somewhere
3 indicators flash too quickly
4 coolant system need attention
1 oh well
2 lspv or needs new pads
3 bulb or earth
4 there's a suprise Twisted Evil 
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I am jealous of the 3 cylinder growl Crying or Very sad 
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Half a v6 mid engined rear wheel drive sports utility vehicle baby!!
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Reminds me of turbo good times with CB70 CB80 Charade GTti's.

Those engines were full of character Twisted Evil 
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:47 pm

heres mine
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm

se for sale on ebay 07/05/14 eBay item number:281329109656
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Think its somes off here as it has the matching missing wheel cover
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 12:59 am

I have still got most of my SE including the whole Plastic Body Kit MINUS the rear Tailgate spoiler, an excellent FULL exhaust system too. Have kept the wheels and halfway through refurbing them. Head gasket gone completely. Engine steams like an old British Railways Steam Train under full load. I wouldnt like to hazard a guess on how many Gallons of Water per mile it must use. Would certainly make dozens of cups of Tea.

Cant make up my mind whether to put the Bumper on my 05 Pick-up with the 1600 lump and find a small 12volt winch in the void behind the bumper and use the door trims too as they would just cover the wide wheels and tyres and paint the Bodykit White too and have an unusual looking 1600 Projectile or whether it would look just one Ugly Son of a Pig with the big bumper.

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sat May 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Woody, like the idear of using the door trims but how are you going to tackle the b post? do you think Barry would make some for us?
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Not sure what you mean about tackling the B post d1noh. ??
I have still got several of Barry Stimson's phone numbers but as you know he is not the easiest of people to track down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 9:58 pm

If you are talking fibreglass mouldings I have several people who are excellent pattern makers and fibreglass moulders.
One of whom is a neighbour at home and the other in the unit next to me.

That is one of the advantages of living on an Island famous for its boat making.

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sat May 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Doors are the same but the pick up has a post and the van has a door so you would need a little fibreglass panel for the pickup, does that make sense?
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Not after my very hectic tiring day. I will have a look tomorrow afternoon and give you a call. Shocked  Goodnight d1noh and thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Not after my very hectic tiring day. I will have a look tomorrow afternoon and give you a call. Shocked  Goodnight d1noh and thanks. Just had a thought. Are you talking about the trim around the petrol filler on the van -- which the pickup doesn't obviously have ??

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sat May 10, 2014 11:02 pm

on a van the doors meet each other on a pick up the front door shuts to a exposed post,
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 7:00 am

Yes I get your point now but the trim does taper on the back edge or there is a return edge. -- I think. The sliding door has a tapered leading edge I seem to recall. Will look this afternoon. Cheers D1NOH.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

I got £890 for my SE last week on ebay =)
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down