Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Web Site name .co.uk

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_lcap40%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_lcap20%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_lcap20%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_lcap0%Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Empty Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

looking to attach the forum to a web site to help boost google search ratings + help more people out there.
Also if we do a web site, it means we can dedicate a page to each type/make of vans/trucks + add links page, a how to page, + other relevant pages...?
i need to set up a domain name (.co.uk web site address) and host. but i dont know what name to use. most the common ones are already taken.
originally i started the forum for Hijet owners, but i have found there are others who can benefit from this. eg Kei Vans, and other micro vans.
click on the link to see if your suggested name is available
http://www.123-reg.co.uk

microvans.co.uk - taken- a clothing accessories shop!
microvanowners.co.uk - available
mymicrovan.co.uk - available
myminiaturevan.co.uk - available
miniaturevan.co.uk - available
minivans.co.uk - taken- coach company
smallvans.co.uk - taken- page error
keivans.co.uk -available
hijetowners.co.uk - available

what say you?

Last edited by leopard_pagan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Empty Re: Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

Post by Tukz Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Empty Re: Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Diddyvan I like!!
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 am

diddyvan.co.uk - available
myminivan.co.uk - available, BUT the .com is taken.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm

This forum is picking up momentum. Ace!!!

Diddyvan is going to stick
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

letting it run a week.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

AW Yuk - 'Diddy Vans' No Please, not that, anything but that....... LOL!

Using www.easily.co.uk I did a search on just 'Hijet' and it came back with some good results. www.hijet.org.uk is available for just £8-99 for two years! 'HijetUk' is also available at £8-99, so are variations and even 'HijetsUK'........ (or even HiJetPower.co.uk). The best bit about Easily is they will tell you who owns what URL, as well as what is or isn't available from Nominet. Some times they can't tell you who owns a particular URL as they are relying on external (to the UK) servers.

Going back and re-reading the previous posts (twice) I can see that appealing to a wider audience will have it's benefits - more site activity, if nothing else hence the reason for a generic name so how about 'www.Microvans.Org.UK' - Only £8-99 for two years and covers all the bases????

I can actually see the appeal of 'diddy vans', but when using a search engine the first thing most folk type in is the name of the van i.e. Hijet, you are never going to get a front page google hit with anything else I think.

I also belong to a classic motorcycle club (founded on the MSN in 2002), the name of the club is some what obscure, but because we named it after the bike model its self, everyone doing a search for anything related to our bikes invariably ends up at the front page of our website Smile I'm proud to say we have over 500 members here in the UK, and thousands more associates worldwide, I would estimate that 90% of them joined after finding the club website. The rest we gathered at bike shows or by leaving club calling cards on the seats of their bikes.

P.S. My missus says she thinks the name 'Diddy Vans' is a bit 'twee'.................. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by SkippyGLI on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Common sense)
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

off subject.. what bike is it?

on subject- if i went hijet. hijetowners is one of the URLs id go for. but yes we do want to try and open it up to other small vans/trucks.

microvans.org.uk is too close to microvans.co.uk to those of us who know better, it isnt, but not everyone is as savvy as us.

microvanowners is on the poll.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Re The Bike(s) - Our bikes are either Honda CX500's/650's or derivetives there of e.g GL650 Silverwings, Customs etc. all share a common engine format.

Yep, I would go for as wide a group as possible too, diversity is great. Keeping horizions narrow means a finite number of people to appeal to in the long run..... Even the biggest 'Reliant Three Wheeler' website that I know of (I've only been there for reference purposes!!) i.e R3W, has a section for 'four wheel vehicles' Wink Wink !!!

Just as long as it's not 'Diddy Vans' it'll be ok........................
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

lol.. so far the voting is going that way!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:38 pm

right, just edited the poll but NOT the votes. i have aloud you to cancel your vote = change your vote + multiple vote.

on January 14th 1pm, which ever selection has the most votes wins.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I TOTALLY disagree!!. I think Diddy vans is a great name and google etc do not only pick up on the titles but on meta tags etc. You could also put the word mini/microvan in the page title which would aid them finding it!. I personaly would not go for any site with the word org in it as I always feel they are used by scammers etc (past experiences).Stick with Diddyvan, it's catchy and something people will remember!.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:14 pm

OOh it's hotting up now Very Happy Very Happy I have to start canvasing the local tesco's carpark - gather some more owners in to sway the poll LOL.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 am

no .Org. .co.uk only

search engines no longer use meta tags. they used to back in the day.
important to hit site name, 1st page description and submitting the site to loads of search engines and keep on submitting the site to them. the more links we add, the more the bots will visit.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 pm

I've removed my vote for diddyvan and gone for the micro van option!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:I've removed my vote for diddyvan and gone for the micro van option!

Traitor!!! Laughing
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Thinking about it microvanowners is direct and to the point. Boring!!, but direct.

Diddyvan sounds more groovy!!!
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Web Site/Domain name name?--1day left on poll Empty Web Site/Domain name name?

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Personally Diddyvans just makes me think of Diddicoys but thats probably just me the missus don't know what I's talking about so why should you lot confused
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Diddicoys????. What's that???
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Pikeys the thievin lot, we use to watch them nicking the copper wire out the skip at the alarm place oppersite work and they used to try it with our ally.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 am

most web site names are boring eg: 400greybike = grey import bikes, daihatsu-drivers = mixture of model inc hijet, suzuki4u = various models inc carry, bikerfestuk = charity bike/live music event... etc etc etc
Its up to us to make the content rich.

a m8 was telling they took a delivery of copper bars b4 xmas, it was on pallets in their goods in. same day factory shut & secured, last man doing checks b4 he left heard some noise in goods in, went to check it out. saw 2 thieving pikeys passing the bars thru a broken window. when they saw him one shouted "shoot him". the guy locked him self in an office and waited till police got there. pikes long gone by then!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm all for a good name and I'm crap at thinking these things up but with the high nnumber of bikers that seem to be on here with these vans maybe the bikes should have a mention scratch come to think about it a bike dealer round here had a little van for delivering bikes.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:25 pm

i am inclined to keep bikes n vans separate. just coincidence that some of us are bikers too.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:47 pm

To be honest seperate is good for me I tend to avoid bikes other than on my own coz I work in the trade you can end up on a bus mans holiday some times hence playing with old fords rather than old bikes although I only do new bikes at work.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

mines 19 years old CBR400 NC29 (pic in pics section).. lol mono shock needs re-conditioning! got a local shop looking in to it for less than £100.
like you i use a dedicated site for my bike.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:00 pm

If they can't do it I'm pretty sure we sell a mono for your bike but the shock price has just gone up its around £300 part number is M61033 the web site is http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/HagMono.htm if you want some details (the price on the web is wrong) If you do have yours rebuilt try to get a new rod and seal set or it will just fail again sooner rather than later we sell ltoo many to people that are replacing failed rebuilt units Sad

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 am

aye ta. got a few options for it.
1) replace with an equally old shock that may last 6-8 months!
2) recon an old shock then swap them out
3) CBR6 shock + mods to dog bones/side stand
4) brand new shock if i could afford it... which i cant Sad((((
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:42 am

Any more good domain name ideas?

Hows about:-

perfectlyunstable.co.uk

or

keeprightwayup.co.uk
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:05 pm

I like both highlyjetted,

LP rule out the cbr600 shock they are all different from yours and dog leg links change the leverage and travel and can bugger it all up good and proper I've taken bikes apart that have had the links changed and the amount of travel this allows on a lot of them can let the rear wheel hit the underside of the bike and potentially lock the wheel up if I spec a bike at work there is about a days worth of measuring before we even make a shock up to test fit. Unfortunatly when it comes to suspention the mags just sell the story on not necessarily what is true.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next