Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new

+3
kentgpz11
Logi
HighlyJetted
7 posters

Go down

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new Empty Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I hate poorly manufactured chinese junk. No dancing round that one.

But don't look at these cheap little imports availible from a few dealers here in the UK:-

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new SingleCab-DFSK4Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new SingleCab-DFSK3Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new SingleCabTipper-DFSK3

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new SingleCabTipper-DFSKTry this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new _wsb_208x151_Van-DFSKTry this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new Van-DFSK2

Its called the Loadhopper by DFSK - it would appear to be a chinese knockoff of the Suzuki Carry, which somewhere along the production line crashes into a bmw front end. Good old trusty Chinese not giving a rats ass about copy right infringement or intellectual property rights or international patents. You can always trust them to rip everything off but make it last for maybe a whole 5 minutes before it calapses in your hand to quarks and antimatter. I don't know if this is a legal or legitimate copy in partnership with Suzuki, but either way it's realistically going to be a Chinese monkey metal inferior product as always. I can't ever see Suzuki admitting to it if they are doing deals with them, that'd make them on the same quality standard as say, erm, something french, but worse, is that even possible??!

I'm not going to give you a link to where you can buy them from, if your stupid enough to decide you want to waste your cash on something that's probably rusted under the paint before you got it and important wheel type bits fall off in your hands, you'll not have the 3 brain cells to be capable of using google to find the UK or Jersey distributer Rolling Eyes hopefully Laughing

Theres another interesting chinese rip off story :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotye_2008

The car is named in honour of the 2008 Beijing Olympics!!! (yeah flying the Chinese flag in proud honour) - Yet this chinese company bought the old tooling off daihatsu, but not the rights to actually produce a car from it. But they just sacked off the whole legal rights thing as always and knocked them out with no shame what so ever. If you go onto the wikipedia article often enought you will notice the text comes and goes depending on which manufacturer checked it last Laughing Laughing Laughing Also they are widely availible in africa, yet even they don't buy them, if you search t'internet all you find is the horror stories of quality uncontrol, how they wont get you to the shops without breaking down and how most owners realise it was the worst money they've ever spent. No trader is stupid enough to part ex a brand new Zotye plus cash for a wheel barrow. The most reliable ones are towed by elephants I hear.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new Empty Re: Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Ahh heres one of the comments pages from owners of the Chinese Terrios copies, try and work out which ones are wrote by chinese car dealers and distributors.

http://www.leisurewheels.com/content/news/newmodels/singlepage.asp?id=202

Sounds like a quallity machine yeah! Even the good reviews are bad Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've had to fix chinese quads, lawn mowers, jet washers and motorbikes, but never again! The nuts and bolts snap in your hand and the casting cut your hands to shreds. Literally bits fall off them while your PDI checking them. Letting your child ride a chinese scooter should be considered attempted man slaughter. The chinese electric bike in my garage is shocking, the charger sounds like its going to burn the house down and after taking it apart to double check it's safe it seems they're just built like that.

I used to work for a firm that sold chinese steel (in)security doors, the paint would flake off them in 6 months as they were rusted before they painted them at the factory. The locks bust regulary and the hinges/frames were bent as new Laughing Seeing photos of the factory made me feel so guilty for what UK firms make money out of, they are basically slavery camps. Death through industrial processes.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new Empty Re: Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new

Post by Logi Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:42 pm

So go on, stop sitting on the fence, tell us what you really think? Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Do you like how I stay so unbiased towards everyones favourate worlds largest manufacturer of high quality consumer scrap? Its taken 28 years of practice to be this subtle mate Laughing

Having a bad day, got sent on a wild goose chase by one of our government funded education facilities this morning, then on my way home some big hairy arsed tattoe covered white van driver tried giving me a dose of road rage. As he got out of his van effing and waving fists I swiftly jumped out of my car and little 9 stone me told him I was going to effing kill him... As I ran at him with my war face on you should have seen his fanny little face drop as he scurried off rapido back to his cab then he ran a red light and drove off at a right rate of knots. I swifty apologies to the traffic jam I'd cause and some other white van lads shouted "you f***ing tell him lad" with big grins. Good job he did one or i'd be in a cell under ABH charges right now.

It's been one of those weeks Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, one day when i've made a few more quid i'm going to move upto the cairngorms, do you think i'd fit in with our warm hearted scottish neighbours? Laughing
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

My mate was looking at a sh*tty Chinese 125 motorbike for his G/F to learn & pass her test on.
Like this, about £700.00 brand new.

[img]Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new Chinese125[/img]

I managed to talk him out of it, by telling him they were all badly made crap, built using cheap poor quality parts. I also refused to go anywhere near it when it broke down, which it inevitably would. Instead we bought an old Yamaha SR125 for her, which is much better quality & reliable.

I'll stick with Japanese bikes. Cool
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Well done for convincing them, consider that a good deed to man kind. She would have been so disappointed. The yam may not be new and shiny but its worth fixing. No one can build a new bike for £700, let alone make money on it too.

My dad loves his triumphs, he sits and gazes at the speed triples at the dealership between kidsgrove and stoke duck, I guess he remembers the good old days when British bikes ruled the scene. I don't know why he didn't buy one, I guess he knows he can depend on his Thunderace, even back then (when peoples eyes got upgraded to colour) the jap bikes came in and set a new standard for reliability. Any opinions? Way before my time.

Owned a Chinese honda copy jet washer, every time I used it the thing would cut out randomly. The piston pump fell apart internally after about 2 hours running and I got a replacement sent out - that leaked through the casting, after that the lance split open, then few days later mid garden wash it just wouldn't run for love nor money, took the carb apart a few times, checked out the ignition system, pulled and pulled it till the pull start snapped in my hand causing my not so funny bone to smack the wall.

That was the last straw for me and it. Angry face came out and I fixed it permanently with a sledge hammer - oil, petrol and alloy everywhere. Never again did I have to fix it. It went in the recycling bin in lots of small bits. It made me feel much much better, that thing had royally cheesed me enough. It was only about 3 weeks old. A 20 year old honda or briggs put the poor imitations to shame every time.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

It's the old get what you pay for thing. My monkeybike is Chinese, still running after 500 odd miles Wink Realistically i'm old enough to remember Jap stuff from the early seventies(owned a fair few)
Honda - reasonably good build quality, reasonably shit engines. Not todays ride and ride, my 750/4 was supposed to get the tappets checked every 500 miles!
Yamaha - shitty build quality, shitty electrics(but always fast)
Suzuki - REALLY shitty electrics
Kawasaki - REALLY shitty build quality.(but always cool)

Give the Chinese 30 years and their stuff will improve Very Happy

And sometimes it's only Chinese stuff that's affordable, my old buggy was Chinese, there's a lot of crap ones out there but Goka's actually have pretty good build quality
I loved mine

Try this! Chinese import mini vans from DFSK - only £6995 wasted brand new GokaEaster22222222
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

The Cairngorms are too quiet, come to Killie, we have drugs, murders, assaults, rapes, you name it, you'll never be bored(you may get stabbed though Wink )
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:01 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:My dad loves his triumphs, he sits and gazes at the speed triples at the dealership between kidsgrove and stoke duck, I guess he remembers the good old days when British bikes ruled the scene. I don't know why he didn't buy one, I guess he knows he can depend on his Thunderace, even back then (when peoples eyes got upgraded to colour) the jap bikes came in and set a new standard for reliability. Any opinions? Way before my time.

I know the stealers you're talking about, I live in Kidsgrove.
I like a lot of the Triumph range, as yet I've never ridden or owned one, the price is a bit out of my league.

I've got a chinese compressor that I bought from Netto a few years ago & it still works perfectly. Shocked
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Logi wrote:The Cairngorms are too quiet, come to Killie, we have drugs, murders, assaults, rapes, you name it, you'll never be bored(you may get stabbed though Wink )

Sounds just like any city in England. Rolling Eyes
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 pm

It's pretty calm here in crewe, we get loads of beautiful Polish and Ukraine girls, and all the student fanny at the MMU. Sometime the polish guys fall out over vodka/money (same thing) and shoot each other but it tends to be for good reason, loads of scrap metal theft but same as everywhere really - money is tight. I bet if the M77 was closed the crime rate would fall over night. From my visits up north Glasgow seems pretty nasty round the estates.

I fancy skiing/boarding in the winter, and jet skiing, off roading, sailing, quad biking in the summer. Get plenty of house for your money up there compared to round here, somewhere I can build a huge garage and leave it unlocked without worrying.

Cool Buggy! I could have great fun putting that on its roof Very Happy Those quadzilla's are pretty reasonable, but the bashan stuff is poor from my experiences. I think its a bit hit and miss with the chinese stuff, everything that's unbranded and manufactured for export is just knocked out willy nilly and shoved in the containers.

The ratchet spanners I bought from Aldi dont actually measure right, 10mm is like 10.2mm - the whole set is inaccurate, they don't bite at all, just chew things up.

Me, I likes my honda's, not the most exciting of beasts but they are spot on with build quality, they make great lasting machines, and the electronic systems set the benchmark. Honda supplies the world with Motorcycles, in every country at every minute there is a whole family and a donkey on a CB125 somewhere.

Daihatsu's are like the Kawasaki of the car world, cheap, thin, but bang on.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 am

Had a good poke around one of these at a show a few months back. Weren't too badly made, better than the hijet. As for reliability.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:14 pm

8bit-ash wrote:Had a good poke around one of these at a show a few months back. Weren't too badly made, better than the hijet. As for reliability.

I suppose we all think of the Hijet as a Japanese vehicle, but it was made under licence in Italy by Piaggio.
Anyone that's owned an Alfa Romeo, Fiat or Lancia can vouch for the build quality of Italian vehicles, especially the electrics! Mad
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm

It would have had the QA standards of Daihatsu imposed on it thought, plus a car factory doesn't make everything, more assembles the parts together.

Looking at the casting on my hijet it was pretty well finished, and the internals of the ecu were decent. Plus the software seems bomb proof.

Don't get me wrong, daihatsu body shells are really thin, and the paint is too. They have always been like that. Charades are notorious for it. Keeps the weight down.

I think most cars are let down by over complications, all the electric extras on the cheap cars let them down, god damn fiat ABS faults for one. Audi's and BMW's are famous for unsolvable electronic issues, stuff like batteries going flat, boot lights coming on for no reason, and intermittent alarm faults
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:41 pm

All the things listed above is why I like points and carbs, if they go wrong half the time you can bash em with a rock and get yourself home.

And I don't care what experts think I had a row with a AA man about the fact that the cam belt had snapped and he reconed that the engine was a "not safe" and it would have bent every valve double, I said put a belt on I've already timed it for you I'll drive it home, he wouldn't and towed me back to the mother in laws where I used Clare's Step dads tools and drove home the following day I had slightly bent one valve.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:27 pm

At your age you should be forgetting 1920's technology and get with the times bro. Wink (this is where I duck)

PGM-FI is loads more reliable and accurate. Points float and bounce about at high revs. CDi's are pretty much service free, and last almost forever, all that kills them is people kicking bikes over with no plug to discharge the spark or corrosion on the coil windings.

I do understand where your coming from though - you can actually see the ignition system working with your eyes with points, while an ECU setup is like a rats nest of elastic trickery pokery. I hear it very often as I do a fair bit of free lance auto electrical work, i'm not the best mechanic in the world by a long way but I'm in my element with a multimeter.

Some AA guys are a joke, I told one that I've just been up the road and found bits of my big end/rod, and bits of my oil pump chain, but he still pissed around with it for 20 minutes. I was like, if you can get that going you really are the A team. This year they tried to charge me £65 to renew my cover, I've cancelled it and so far living life dangerously is quite a buzz Laughing
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't mind other people with efi and I don't mind working on it but I'm firmly stuck in the eighties hair and all but when you are in the middle of nowhere and it won't start because an injecter is blocked you just cant cut out a bit of wiring that ain't essential and poke the jet clean.

Our only AA is through Clares bank account and the only time we use it is if we are really stuck like halfway up the hill to bristol airport fully loaded with roof box and kids when the cam belt let go, only other time was when my SRX600 decided that the oil tasted good and drank the lot and it ceized up took them so long to send a recovery van to take us the 7 miles home it started when they arrived I could have pushed it home in the time it took them but I had Clare with me and it was dark, I pushed my learner bike home when the exhaust blocked with carbon and wouldn't run had I known this could happen to two strokes then I would have found a stick to poke up it's pipe still a 17 year old has to learn somewhere i suppose Laughing
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:57 pm

I forgot to say that I do like cdi ignition but I do carry a spare ignition box around with me as I have had it go up the spout and as for points bouncing I like a low rev torque motor I rarly rev above 2500 maybe 3000 Very Happy
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:19 pm

I need to see this hair alien I see myself as more of a product of the 90's as its when I was most impressionable, spliffy jeans and kappa Embarassed

Being into vtec's etc, I love that 9,000 rpm sweet spot. Even better I like 16,000rpms screaming round the kart track Twisted Evil zingggggg!

Cleaned out many many blocked up carbs over the years but never have I found a faulty electronic fuel injector... yet he says! Done plenty of diesel mechanical injectors that have gone lazy though.
Its always dodgy sensors or the wiring/connectors that have corroded. Anyone who blames the ECU needs shooting, they rarely fail, not unless it full of water or something obvious (bullet holes, dog chew marks, squirrels winter nut store )

Today I did a nice little sunday cash job. ABS fault on a Daewoo Lanos (yeah that'll be the...)

The main dealership with their super dooper diagnostic system had told him he needs a new rear sensor, shame its built into the hub. Quoted him £600 for parts plus a fair few hours labour. Thing is, it failed the MOT on coroded rear brake hoses, which the dearship did, but then when they put it back together the ABS light wouldn't go out. So the genious's in the workshop plugged in the God computer and gives them faulty rear sensor error. For this "diagnosis" they charged him £50+vat too.

This made me confused - a car goes into a garage with a perfectly good sensor/abs systen, then over night it stops working... hmmm!!

Anyway after bit of testing it turns out they had fucked the wires by cable tying the wires back to tight Rolling Eyes Mad

Built up a new rear lomb for the back suspension beam, solder on the old plugs etc. Works like a treat.... ker-ching $£$£ cheers

Also I've put the old lomb in a bag, he'll be taking it back to the dealership this week to get a refund on the "diagnostic work" and my bill for the repair credited as they caused the damage while doing the brake hoses. Hell if he'd let them put the new hub assembly on it still wouldn't work, then what would they do - charge him even more that's what.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluchip Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:56 am

NOT A DEALER ANYMORE

Last edited by Bluchip on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NOT A DEALER ANYMORE)

Bluchip

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 am

Good luck with your venture, hope it plays out well for you.

I just hope the inconsistencies of the manufacturing doesn't cause you more problems than its worth, a few places have tried at being a dealer for these cheap Chinese imports but they don't tend to stay doing strong consistent business. Bit like a Daihatsu dealer but worse!!!

If 3 out of 5 cars you sell come back with leaky shock absorbers, leaking braking components, electrical faults etc etc it isn't worth the money your making in the middle.

I read this on the other site:- Warranty
All DFSK Loadhopper vehicles come with a Three Year Warranty – the first two years unlimited mileage with a further one year or 60,000 miles, whichever comes soonest together with a three year Anti Corrosion Perforation Warranty as standard.

Which blows my brain really because all the other proper vans rust in 3 years.... what are they going to do, give you a new van after 30 months? Some how I think not! All sounds too good to be true, and so often the case with this Chinese stuff. Bashan quads are such a joke.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluchip Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:39 am

NOT A DEALER ANYMORE

Last edited by Bluchip on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NOT A DEALER ANYMORE)

Bluchip

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:07 pm

In our local shopping centre they had some cars and vans displayed including a DFSK loadhopper our local Suzuki dealer is selling them had a little look about it and looks ok but we may go and have a proper look inside and maybe a test drive if I can wangle it.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Ventu Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Thinking chinese things are all crap it's a big mistake in my opinion.

Chinese industriese can manufacture high quality things, at the level of european and american industries, without problems.

The fact is another.
Some (about all...) western importers of chinese stuff, based their business on cheap stuff, and non on quality.

If you try to find, at least, in Italy, a mechanical factory that build for you a very very cheap machinery or mechanical parts, you can't find one.
We work well as base point, you can achieve a competitive price only if you order a huge quantity, and however quality is high or medium high even if you don't point at high quality stuff.

Chinese can do the opposite.
You want a good quality thing, you pay the right price, then you have good quality.
You want to buy machinery at a price not far from the price of the iron that are built, no problem chinese can do it!

Unskilled workers produce machines inaccurate, poorly finished, poorly assembled, made ​​of materials of poor quality, coated with waste products.

For example, in 2010 I bought an Honda XL125R, I registered to an italian forum and we discuss on the possibility of create a small quantity of gadget marked with Honda XL forum logo.

One of us imports from china textile products, and he known some industries that can produce small quantity of goods without problems.
We decided (with a poll on the forum Razz ) to produce fifty little bags to be bound to the XL original rack.

Bags with rigid bottom, waterproof (XL hasn't a documents holder), scratch resistant, with some pockets inside for documents, tools etc, with shoulder and hand belts, and obviously the belt to bound it on the rack.

We pay 20€ each and we have a high product in hand.

The man how import goods from china, for curiosity, tried to ask an italian factory what are the cost for making other 50 bags.

They said that 50 bags are a too little order to process, minimum 100 bags, for 50€ each and without pockets in the inside, otherwise bags must cost too much time....

Otherwise, I bought a mini-mill in 2008, I want a little machine for my shed to build some mechanical parts for my projects.

I bought a chinese one for 1550€, 140kg of cast iron.
It is worked well for that price, but assembled and enginereed so bad.
Electric motor has a brass gear for transmitting power, wich destroys often (it is a sort of "fuse", if you work too hard, it shatters Razz ), all the gears are very noisy, electric motor is a CC one driven by a poor designed control system, it draws over 2000W of power and I think the 70% is wasted as heat.
But the mechanical of the body was good, in order to what I pay for.

I made "some little modifications" to it to make it work properly (1.5kw AC motor driven by inverter, a two speed belt drive that I invented inspired to the functioning of gearboxes (a bit primitive but functional), and it is working perfectly...(you can see it here).

That mini van however is very similar to "our" Giotti Victoria Gladiator.

It seems that Piaggio was feared of it...

At now I know that some regions starts to swap their old porter with those one.
A my neighboorhood has one and it has no problems at now...

El_Ventu
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes the chinese can make good stuff, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_China is where alot of VAG parts come from.

Personally everything I have dealt with that is known to be chinese has been crap - I'm not jumping into this with blind hatred - I have used/fixed/owned/installed chinese motor bikes, quads, power tools, shower screens, bathroom suites, winches, radiators, security doors, jet wash, copy honda plant engines, bulbs, light fittings, nuts and bolts, flyscreens, rubber products.....
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I find that the crap is imported in bulk and sold for about the same price as all the other crap but I have had 3 alarms direct from china and all have been good with the only problems self induced and the last one is in our van now and working fine the fisrt is in my car and also working fine and has been fitted since 2004
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down